Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

StormPay.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is a new payment service company. www.StormPay.com in which I am soliciting feedback.. good bad and ugly.. Has anyone used this program? My main concern is there's not a lot of "about us" info from their home page. I'm not yet sold on their services, as they are not real open about the back bone of their transaction services.

Feedback appreciated.

morel

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would stick with PayPal... it has its problems, but at least it has credibility as an eBay company.

Stay far away from StormPay!

Look at the address given:
Copthall, PO Box 2331
Roseau, Common Wealth of Dominica
West Indies

P.O Box... Dominica... West Indies ?!?

It works on the basis of "credits", not real cash:
StormPay was designed so that anyone with an email account can send or receive StormPay credits. Each credit is valued at $1.00 usd. Users may redeem their credits for the cash equivalency at any time by selling these credits back to StormPay.

Also, it seems like it want to become a haven for dirty money:
At last, you have found an online payment processor that will not “freeze” or suspend your account for activities such as MLM... or Spam.

I wouldn't be surprised if StormPay is just a scam to get your money.

A

airnike764

Its not a scam but I wouldnt use it. Its mainly used for Multi level marketing businesses. Its used for pyramids and such things. I recommend paypal, i love it

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The site looked as cheesy as the name.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by airnike764
Its not a scam but I wouldnt use it. Its mainly used for Multi level marketing businesses. Its used for pyramids and such things. I recommend paypal, i love it

agree'd PayPal outscores the rest by a long shot, and with eBay buying them out, can only improve things. It's ideal for the small biz owner who does not want the monthly overhead of their own Merchant Account.

Thanks for the feedback.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TexasFilly

with eBay buying them out, can only improve things.

:weird: Disagree with that.

N

namegame

Originally posted by TexasFilly
This is a new payment service company. www.StormPay.com in which I am soliciting feedback.. good bad and ugly.. Has anyone used this program? My main concern is there's not a lot of "about us" info from their home page. I'm not yet sold on their services, as they are not real open about the back bone of their transaction services.

Feedback appreciated.
I would not entrust my money to a start-up compay in a small carribbean Country whose ecomony is based on banana crops.
They list only a P.O. Box as an address and there is no telephone number to speak of - try getting it from information! The US does not even have an embassy in Dominica; US interests are served by the embassy in Bridgetown, Barbados. Check out this site for further info Commonwealth of Dominica
I would stick with PAYPAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom