Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Strange ads unrelated to keyword ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

so i added a new domain to ND today.

It's a german online/internet law related .de domain, so i tested some key terms like "internetrecht" "onlinerecht" etc ("recht" means law or jurisdiction in german).

As these keyterms brought quite some matching ads, i decided to go for "internetrecht".In the preview, so far so good.

Now, since the DNS has updated to the ND nameservers and the domain resolves, suddenly the ads that show up don't have any special relationship to the keyterm "internetrecht" anymore if at all - some are general law related, others have no relationship to the term whatsoever, even ads for webhosting show up ?!

What's up with that ?

I know for sure that when still in preview mode almost all the ads showing up did match the keyword a 100% while now most of them don't have any relationship to this specific law field if to law at all.

Since this happened, i have tested some others of the previous ones like "onlinerecht" or "domainrecht" but even those now in preview mode show these unrelated ads..!

Confused - anybody have an idea why this is happening ?

Any help is appreciated :)

Thanks !

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google's ads are geo-targeted. what you see where you live, and what somebody will see in china, germany or some other country is totally different.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah but thats not the point.

I *am* in Germany, and from here when first being in preview mode the ads that showed up matched perfectly - now they don't match at all anymore, and i'm still in Germany, in front of the same computer and not only do they not match anymore when visiting the site, but even in preview mode the matching ads dont show up anymore !

So it definately can't be the geo-targeted thing i think.

HELP !

:)

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
check if you got the same keyword specified across all regions... or just delete and re-add the name. if that doesnt solve it, then i dono... find some better keywords i guess

when u did the preview/first time visited the site... that must of been a glitch on nd's part i guess

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah but thats not the point.

I *am* in Germany, and from here when first being in preview mode the ads that showed up matched perfectly - now they don't match at all anymore, and i'm still in Germany, in front of the same computer and not only do they not match anymore when visiting the site, but even in preview mode the matching ads dont show up anymore !

So it definately can't be the geo-targeted thing i think.

HELP !

Probably the time of day, often advertisers daily budgets run out buy the end of the day so their ads are replaced by less targeted, cheaper ads.

This is especially true when the keyword string is very targeted, with very few advertisers initially.

- Rob

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm - might indeed be the time of the day, maybe.

On the other hand the keyword(s) i tried do have quite a lot of advertisers as the keyterm (internet law) although specific, is not a niche term really.

I also checked Google for what ads show up when putting in the respective terms as search terms and targeted ads for these terms show up on like the first 5 results pages for each query.

I also don't think it was a glitch on ND side when checking out terms in preview the first time as at that time the ads were perfectly matching.

They don't match *now*.

Hmm - maybe namedriver could help...? :)

Thanks anyway - still looking for opinions !

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Namedriver - any chance of getting a hint from your side ?

Thanks.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah thanks - it's just that sometimes it seems questions get answered faster in here..sometimes.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got a reply.

Basicall they are saying

- stuff like this happens ( non relevant ads showing up - yeah i know but *mainly* irrelevant ones when before it was *only* relevant ones ?! )

- preview shouldn't show different than the actual ads (no explanation whatsoever why it still does exactly that)

- they have changed my specific keyword to a very general one (without asking me may i add)

Great...not.

The more i deal with especially PPC companies i seem to come to the conclusion the more a company tends to give pre-fabricated answers without actually bothering to look into the individual situation the more i tend to move to a different PPC company.

Same applies for companies with non-working phone numbers btw.

:(

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Beatz,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this, I was away from my computer all weekend and couldn't post any messages here without an error.

It is strange that the ads are different from those shown in the preview and it is something I have come across before. I've asked tech to look into what exactly is going on there as we'd expect the preview to show the same ads as the page.

The fact that the preview now shows the same ads as were previously shown on the page suggests that these are the ads which we are actually getting from Google. It's obviously in our interest to get the most targeted ads possible, so we are looking into whether it's how we are sending the query to Google or something at their end. Hopefully we'll have a swift resolution on this. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom