Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Wanted: Service Strange and mysterious problem => I'm a bit worried now ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well the story in brief: I'm an active user of ebay, I like buying various gadgets in my spare time, for my hobbies, never had any problem in surfing through their website and I've always paid promptly all won items.

Since yesterday morning (Italian time, about 24Hr ago), I'm experiencing a really strange problem: I can access to their website but I can't login to my account, I get no error message simply it's unable to enter.
In some moments of the day, I can't even surfing through the online auctions, same problem, no error message while it tries to connect for several minutes with no result ...

I tried to login from many local domains: ebay.it .com .co.uk .fr and .de with the same result but ... If I login from ebay.in (India) I can enter and surf through their site with absolutely no problem !

Where's the mystery ? You might think they restricted access to my account, absolutely not true because:

1- I can login from ebay.in;
2- I tried to login to my business partner account (with his permission) and I got the same result;
3- I used an anonymous browser and I've been able to login to my account from ebay.com even if this kind of software makes navigation very, very slow and difficult ...
4- I asked to a contact of mine (living in a different city but with my same ISP) to login to my account and he did it with no problem;
5- I tried to login from 2 pc of the same network and with 3 diff. browsers, same result, no way to enter from ebay.com !!!

So, what's happening ? Any idea or interesting hyphotesis ? It's frustrating, I hate these mysterious limitations and I doubt that contacting their support service would solve my problem ...

ADDITIONAL UPDATE: Always since yesterday, I'm unable to complete the registrar transfer process of domains at enom, I can follow all steps until I enter the auth keys for my domains but, when I confirm, the following page never loads ... ANother totally different problem from the previous one described above but, apart this, my navigation is fast and with no further limitations, as usual ...
I scanned both my PCs with AdAware, Spybot and AVG but I found nothing so it's not a spyware/virus problem (at least appareltly) but what surprise me are these strange and specific limitations: is there any possible hacking activity towards my network, in your opinion ?

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Did you try clearing your cache and deleting cookies?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clear you cache, cookies, and history from your tools menu.

If you are unable to log into your ebay account at all, then it may have been highjacked. If you have been hijacked, they have kept your account active but simply changed the password to lock you out.

Go to search option and search for seller.

Put in your seller name.

If it comes up as being stuff you are not selling, you've been hijacked.

Do the same thing for buyer also. If there are bids for items you did not place, then you've been hijacked.

Hijacks usually occur for the purpose of selling. The hijackers want folks with good trading feedback to pull their scams on unsuspecting buyers.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
None of these hyphotesis apply to my case unfortunately: I was really desperated few hours ago so I formatted the whole hard drive and the problem persists.
The issue is strictly related to my Ip because I can't login to both my partner and my account at Ebay from my ISP, no issue when I do it with an anonymous browser.
A second thing I can't do since yesterday is, as told above, completing registrar transfers at Enom, totally diff. problems but note I can do anything else and surf the Web as usual, here's the origin of the mystery :-(

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it possible that the IP is blocked for some reason on eBay?
About Enom - I also could not login from my PC and the problem I think is exactly in my IP.
Maybe if you question the eBay support about this issue, they could give some light on this topis...

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Problem suddenly solved: I did nothing so what was the mystery ? My ISP was upgrading our dls connection to an higher speed level ... No idea how this affected us but the problem was surely in our Ip, now anything works perfectly, thanks again for your suggestions and help.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This happens to me sometimes with my wireless connection, I take my laptop to a friends home or on the go, and I cant access some web sites, I tried getting into Dnforum and my Bank on Saturday and both sites took me to "page not found" couldn't get into them at all.

A while back I had Broadband for my home connection and could not access my own web sites, I was on the phone with Time Warner for over almost 2 hours and they couldn't resolve the issue, they were able to pull up my web sites on there end, but I couldn't! I changed to DSL and never had a problem since, its something to do with there DNS.

Creature

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think sometimes it can be DNS cache server side. I think the ISP can manually clear their DNS cache on their server. The other option is probably to just wait.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think sometimes it can be DNS cache server side. I think the ISP can manually clear their DNS cache on their server. The other option is probably to just wait.

When I had the IT guys from my ISP, they did clear the cache on the server side and it didnt work, when they exausted all there options, they said exactly what your saying, "just wait" I did and the next day everything was back online.

Looks like this is what happened to Domainempire.

D

Deleted member 5660

yes, sounds like DNS. try running your own DNS server such as simple dns plus on your machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom