Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Strange DomainSite renewal notices

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This very day, once per week, for the last two months I get strange DomainSite renewal notices.

They're reminding me to renew names that I do not own and have never heard of. Anyone else notice this oddity?

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
there is some kind of bug in their system. i recently received an email from them apologizing that the domain i was trying to register was not successful in the registration. i had not attempted to register the domain in question and replied as such, and they confirmed some kind of techincal error was occuring. bulk changes or modifications are not working correctly either, although changing your information one domain at a time seems to work fine. hope they get all problems worked out soon. they are a good registrar, although could be better, especially if they lowered the rates for .info renewals:-D

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Same here lol, i recived 2 emails in 1 week.

Better to complain them like email their staff so they do not send it again.

Regards

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thats not the only bug there, the other day I was typing in names and everything was available in .org , .us and .info , you should have seen my shopping cart! then the dredded "registration failed" , arrgg!

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys. All of you.
@ Searchsix - could have been related to the scheduled downtime.. There was recent scheduled maintenance and all registrars were not able to reg names. They may need to program a routine to die any searches if the registry is down. So that may have happened wherever you tried. Though the registrars with advanced control panels would have given you the proper notice when you tried to reg any names.
The plot thickens. I did some research on all the domains in all the renewal notices, and some were actually pointing to my server that I did not know of. Time to setup a script to log failed requests and notify me. I've been meaning to do this anyway, but finding a big batch like this certainly helps me get on the ball and do it. Though the whois info on this set of names is all about someone I never heard of.
Some of the other notices say I have 24 names expiring in the next 90 days, one said I have 447 names expiring, one said 397, and a couple of others said I have 2 names expiring. And the Dear ***, line in the email is addressed to a few different people. One even says this: Dear transferedaway_names, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom