Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Strange issue with united-domains.de (A german registrar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siber

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've been faced with some strange issues with that registrar. (I'm actually not sure whether they are an official registrar)

Here is the story. I bought two idn domains from them in 2004. I decided to let one of my domains expire 1 year later and contacted them. But they declined and said I could only delete a domain sending them some documents and a fax. As I've been living in a small town for a while, I couldnt get a printer and fax so couldnt send a deletion fax. They went on charging my credit card every year since 2004. I was too busy to get the documents ready and fax them but losing €10 every year was not a big deal for me until a problem with my credit card. The expiration day changed so they couldnt charge it automaticaly. They sent me an e-mail in German. I could understand that there is a problem with my credit card thanks to a friend who understands German. I immediately entered their site and corrected the expiration date. And I thought they could re-attempt charging the card or simply the domain would expire and then drop which I dont care.

But I received a letter from a company called EURO-IKASSO. The letter warning me that they are a law/money collecting company and I owe €10 to united-domains.de but did not paid on time so have to pay the amount below:

Main Debt: €10
Fee for written application owner: €14
Some other fees (depending German laws) that I cant understand : €37
Other Fees: €7.50
TOTAL: €69,10

And they noted: If you dont pay this amount in 10 days we will apply legal ways. (They actualy seem have sent it on July 13th via mail and I received it on July 28th. A letter can not reach my country from Germany less than 2 weeks. So when I received the warning it was already too late :)

Now I wonder: is buying a domain like buying a cell phone or ipod? Is it not a pre-paid service and if you dont renew it simply expires?

I sent e-mails to both companies asking explanation but have not received any replies so far. What do you advice? How should I proceed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom