Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stupid Question: Why Buy AdWords for a Parked Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok,
Admittedly, I haven't been into PPC for too long. My game was always selling to endusers. But this evening I came to a Sedo parking page, clicked on a link and found another parking page. I wish I remembered the site so that I could research the PPC provider... Are people actually playing the spread, that is buying AdWords to get clicks on a parked page (perhaps earning them more with a Yahoo feed or something), or is there some other method to the madness? I could see maybe if it was a PPC template, but even then, is playing the spread profitable?

Domain Days 2024

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
[input lightbulb here]. Higher paying keywords - I can see the possibilities...

I guess it's time for me to crawl out of the cave. Man, I'm starting to regret some of my enduser sales over the years. A lot of you folks are clearly more sophisticated at this game.

Time to really start learning...

Olney

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I thought that was taboo. Is it? I thought you'd be kicked out of the parking program if they detect clicks came from a backlink. Some of my Japanese keywords have strong bids of over $10 a click up to $30...

WhoDatDog

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
End-user sales is where the money is. Keep doing what you are doing.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
WhoDatDog said:
End-user sales is where the money is. Keep doing what you are doing.

Thanks WhoDatDog. That's really the only game I know.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DomainFatigue said:
Thanks WhoDatDog. That's really the only game I know. But it seems the sales I'm making these days are for much less than in the past and not as frequent. I haven't had a high X,XXX sale in over two years. Maybe It's just because I sold my best names early on... I think I have to start expanding into development and get a handle on PPC. At the very least, it would be nice to earn some revenue in-between sales... I do know now, based upon the OVT, that some names I let drop back then probably would have made some decent bucks on PPC. Oh well, life's a learning process and all things considered I'm still ahead...

Goto agree with you on that one regarding the sales ! it seems a few decent sales being made out of millions registered its becoming like the lottery !

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its against just about every parking companies TOS and will get your names banned as well as forfeit earnings

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Goto agree with you on that one regarding the sales ! it seems a few decent sales being made out of millions registered its becoming like the lottery!

For a big sale definitely. But thank God for the little ones. For me they keep the hobby alive...

fatter said:
Its against just about every parking companies TOS and will get your names banned as well as forfeit earnings

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with doing it the hard way. That's the last thing I need. It does seem rather ingenious though...

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
right... and this is nothing new.

hello arbitrage!

look it up if you don't know what it means :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom