Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

stupid question

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why is there an overture with extension? i mean, if i wanted to see if there was a blueberry.com- i dont type that into search, i type it into the location bar- if you are looking for a website, not a keyword- then why arent you just typing it in- instead of searching for it- then clicking on it?
doesnt make sense to me ;-(

Domain Days 2024

leo

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
oerture with extension means if people have searched for that domain example if somesone searched for free.com

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also is a good indicator of typein traffic, or if you list that domain with google and yahoo your domain will come up and you'll get traffic from there.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
why is there an overture with extension? i mean, if i wanted to see if there was a blueberry.com- i dont type that into search, i type it into the location bar- if you are looking for a website, not a keyword- then why arent you just typing it in- instead of searching for it- then clicking on it?
doesnt make sense to me ;-(
Several reasons
For example, pehaps the searcher want to find other sites that make refernce to blueberry.com
Or maybe they want to find a sub domain
Or perhaps they are new to the net
Or maybe they are researching a domain, like a dropped domain.
or maybe etc etc

simon

Senior Exclusive Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no question is stupid. Feel free to ask the experts here :)

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That is a GOOD question, my friend.

Please keep in mind that many people do not have much experience on the Internet, and thus may conduct a search via the domain with the extension.

With respect to analytical value, the OVT with extension MAY assist in determining the type-in value of a domain name, as aptly pointed out by Rockefeller.

But also keep in mind that OVT with extension can be easily manipulated, as can many other indicators for domain traffic and valuation, and thus should only be ONE factor in evaluation of a domain, and NOT the sole factor.

Good luck with your domaining!

smashfactory

Queen of Domainland
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thanks for all the great answers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom