Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SubDomain Leasing- Is there a future for sub.domain.com leasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has been a long-held belief of mine. If you have the right domain, sub-doms are leasable. You might have to do some proactive selling. And of course you need a VERY prime domain.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My hunch is that there probably will be a future for leasing subdomains but only after majority of .com's are gone and it will be near impossible to get a reasonable domain in near any extension.

Unless you have killer domain like web.com or uk.com then leasing subdomains is far more attractive now.

Subdomains now are great for developing. If you have generic domain then you can create microsites using subdomains. For example, I have pages101.com and am planning to develop a series of microsites with a how-to learning theme. Like "art.pages101.com" or "cooking.pages101.com". Then place advertising for revenue. It is more cost-effective then owning hundreds of domains which you have to renew. Why not just create hundreds of subdomains and only pay renewal and hosting for one domain.

MyFuture

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ecafe said:
My hunch is that there probably will be a future for leasing subdomains but only after majority of .com's are gone and it will be near impossible to get a reasonable domain in near any extension.

Unless you have killer domain like web.com or uk.com then leasing subdomains is far more attractive now.

Subdomains now are great for developing. If you have generic domain then you can create microsites using subdomains. For example, I have pages101.com and am planning to develop a series of microsites with a how-to learning theme. Like "art.pages101.com" or "cooking.pages101.com". Then place advertising for revenue. It is more cost-effective then owning hundreds of domains which you have to renew. Why not just create hundreds of subdomains and only pay renewal and hosting for one domain.
yes, its a great idea to build up subdomains with the right catch phrase...
I did that with this site www.removalmethod.com --- it works well :approve:
In regards to the thread topic, I picked up subdomainleasing.com and hopefully I can find time to develope it into something nice or someone comes along and snaps it up...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom