Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Subdomains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

silenced

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think yes Sedo able to cathc all subdomains traffic

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sedo is not able to catch subdomain traffic. the best way is to park your domain in your own server, catch all the 404 and subdomain traffic, redirect to sedo.

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Why doesn't SEDO capture this traffic by them self?

And when will be such a feature available?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
On Sedo's part, it's only a matter of using wildcards in their DNS. I am not sure why they don't do it. But as pelican said, you need to set up your own DNS catching the subdomain traffic and then redirect to Sedo.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
On Sedo's part, it's only a matter of using wildcards in their DNS. I am not sure why they don't do it. But as pelican said, you need to set up your own DNS catching the subdomain traffic and then redirect to Sedo.

If your domain is registered with the likes of enom you can park the domain on enoms nameservers and control the DNS from their by pointing the * @ and www hosts to SEDOPARKING.COM's IP address (212.227.34.3).. this has a huge bonus because you can still operate and receive emails for a parked domain.

If anyone needs assistance with this let me know. It should also be know that Enom will even update all the records for you if you give them a sample domain to follow, I even got them to automatically apply email settings to all my domain names. It took them a couple of days to do over 3800 domains saved me doing the update one at a time.

If you need a free enom account let me know....

I tried the same at fabulous but they are not as flexible as the team at the SEDOPLEX

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why use IP's when you can use the canonical names e.g. NS1...

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
whichever is easiest for the user.

I find this method of parking very useful and I can use the Enom API to change my Parking company at the click of a buttton.

SEDO-DomainSponsor-Trafficz-Fabulous

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
That's what I use, e.g. the nameservers. However, if you need autonomy you can specify your own DNS servers and manage everything remotely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom