Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

submitting parked domains to search engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
would like to know if it's against any rules to submit parked domains to search engines to drive more traffic.i have a feeling i know to answer to this,just want some assurance.

i hit the streets often and promote my parked domains(and my developed as well)that's how i get some traffic to my domains,but if i want to get mass traffic without development, can i submit to search engines without getting penalized?

also if it is against the rules i would like to know how else can i drive traffic to parked domains.

the input and criticism in this forum is very helpful to me.

thank you.
:cool:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Short answer not against the rules, however Google does seem to "bury" ad sites that were built specifically for that purpose. In other words, if a domain didn't have existing content it will probably end up way down once parked.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm so it's pretty much a futile effort then.it can also damage me if i want to develop in the future.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm so it's pretty much a futile effort then.it can also damage me if i want to develop in the future.
Curious to know how you planned to do this?

Short answer not against the rules, however Google does seem to "bury" ad sites that were built specifically for that purpose. In other words, if a domain didn't have existing content it will probably end up way down once parked.
Any results (physical data) on how parking with Google is doing?

Asked the other night but no answers.

Anyone?

also if it is against the rules i would like to know how else can i drive traffic to parked domains.

the input and criticism in this forum is very helpful to me.
Seems like anything that would drive traffic in an "un-natural manner" or that would manipulate that traffic is taboo.

Last edited:

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Curious to know how you planned to do this?

nah i was wondering if i can just submit the urls.i'm learning to develop and i have my domains parked.but the traffic it receives is very minimal,they've been parked for a while now.i've been promoting them on my own (in the streets) but it gets tedious.

i just want to give my domains more value while it is parked.

adsense for domains is no good imo

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One solution may be to get your sites up quick and link all the sites (domain names) to each other.

Then meta-tag and keyword enter the heck out of them to generate traffic.

Also, you are building up incoming and outgoing links at the same time.

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One solution may be to get your sites up quick and link all the sites (domain names) to each other.

Then meta-tag and keyword enter the heck out of them to generate traffic.

Also, you are building up incoming and outgoing links at the same time.

thanks doc
i thought meta keywords aren't used anymore by search engines.:?:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No, that's totally untrue.
Does anyone know where or why that metatag thing got started?

I first read about it on this forum about a month ago.

And I was thinking it must be bunk because my number one site still shows up on google's description as nothing but meta-tagged words.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can tell you from extensive testing that google spider does not like to even crawl a link to a previously un-indexed parked domain.

curiously, in the past there was a parking company who if you parked a newly regged domain with them it would be indexed in google within days. it was great, i would park there for a week then move my domains out. Once this stopped happening I emailed them to ask what had changed. They said nothing had changed. I replied, yes something did change because before a new reg got indexed in days with your parking service, and now i have parked domains for over a month that are not indexed. Please tell me what you stopped and why you stopped it. They denied anything about it. :(

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google is unpredictable. i have been seeing Hs & Ws - How, when, what, where, why for the Qs - Queries, Questions but to my surprise everytime,
a site is in top 10 or # 1 without any tag
a parked site with lot of tags is in top 10 or #1
a duplicate content site is not shown on google
a duplicate content site is in top 10 and the original in not even in top 100

if you find a conclusive answer some day, google will be reuqired to pack their bags ;-)
'cause only google knows what works and how it works..

my understanding of parked domain is, if the DNS of the servers are marked as parking domain servers and is recognized by google database of known parking servers DNS, then only it is categorized as parked domain and again, it does not stop google dislaying the domain in the search results .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom