Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Succesfull sale on sedo

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaneCo

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give props to sedo over a succesful sale. Went through the process of transfering and recieving money over a week long period or so but everythign was worry free as the executive, let me know of everything step by step as it happened! Got my money today!

Go Sedo

Kaneco
:peace:

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think the Sedo process is very slow and drawn out...but safe.

MoneyClicker

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo, far from perfect but they seem to be effective when it comes to selling, running succesfull ads on your parkingpages is a different story.

Anyway, congrats with your sale!

risingsuns

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I, too, just recently completed a sale at Sedo ($x,xxx). The process took a bit longer than I would have liked, but Sedo can only go as fast as the buyer wants to :)

Zona

Arizona Wildcats
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
risingsuns -

welcome to DNForum and congratulations on your first Sedo sale.

risingsuns

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
risingsuns -

welcome to DNForum and congratulations on your first Sedo sale.

uofadp -- thanks for the kind words. I kind of stumbled onto Dnform and am very glad that I did...

LarryWentz

Sasquatch Researchin' Pool Hall Junkie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had a few sales at Sedo in the last couple months and the process was very quick. Once Sedo had control of the domain I was selling.... they released payment within 1-2 days directly into my bank account.

Larry

dnbidder

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I been waiting 6 weeks for a transaction to go through, emailed them 6 times. They havnt replied once

Ridge

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how long has it usually taken for you all to get paid once you have pushed the domain into sedo's account?

Dimva

High Traffic Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an offer last wednesday, pushed the domain on friday and today the deal was done. So they acted pretty fast. But the support during the transaction wasn't good. Sent several emails but no reply.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how long has it usually taken for you all to get paid once you have pushed the domain into sedo's account?

here are two sales since febuary:

Transaction History: hurricaneindex.com

03/12/07 Agreement reached
03/12/07 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.
03/13/07 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to wait for certain details from the buyer so please be patient during this period.
03/13/07 In order to facilitate this transfer we need you to push the domain into our account with your registrar. You should have received an email containing the information needed to process this push.
03/13/07 The domain has been successfully pushed to our Sedo account. We shall now process your payment. Your part in this transfer is now complete, and we shall assist the buyer in taking control of the domain. Once the buyer has control of the domain, the listing will be deleted from your Sedo account.
03/13/07 The payment has been released and the transfer is now complete. < got paid this day >
03/20/07 This transfer has been successfully completed!

02/21/07 Agreement reached
02/21/07 We have invoiced the buyer for the sale of your domain. As soon as the payment reaches our escrow account we will inform you and begin the technical transfer.
02/21/07 We have received full payment for this domain. Please await further instructions from your transfer agent. It is often the case that we have to wait for certain details from the buyer so please be patient during this period.
02/21/07 In order to facilitate this transfer we need you to push the domain into our account with your registrar. You should have received an email containing the information needed to process this push.
02/21/07 The domain has been successfully pushed to our Sedo account. We shall now process your payment. Your part in this transfer is now complete, and we shall assist the buyer in taking control of the domain. Once the buyer has control of the domain, the listing will be deleted from your Sedo account.
02/22/07 The payment has been released and the transfer is now complete. < Got paid this day >
03/06/07 This transfer has been successfully completed!

Only had delays when I had problems getting "Auth Code" from some "drop catcher" registrars.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sent several emails but no reply.

Same here.

Sedo people always neglect your emails.

I have a domain sales on March 23, it seems the buyer has not made the payment. I sent the transfer agent several emails to check, but, as usual, no single reply.

That is Sedo's styple, I guess.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
my last transfer took 25 days from agreement to being paid...poor ..very poor service...it took them over 10 days to realize the whois changed,,,

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I always make sure I reply to the status requests via email, not just via the Sedo panel. I never had a delay from the point that the buyer made payment until I received the check from Sedo.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yes, Sedo is fairly quick to process...Its the time it takes to agree on the sale price is what takes the longest, theres the hi-lo dance, send me stats BS, and any personal messages need to clear Sedo before they can be passed on......

Something out of Sedo's control is that sellers DONT respond to offers, and I'm not low balling them either, perhaps there contact info is not current because I dont get a reply from the whois contact...These names I place on my watch list waiting for them to expire.

S

SedoCoUk

dnbidder and owndomain, I've just sent you both PMs. If anyone else has any pressing questions about the status of an open domain transfer, please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll make sure I look into this.

Thanks,

Monica

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to give props to sedo over a succesful sale. Went through the process of transfering and recieving money over a week long period or so but everythign was worry free as the executive, let me know of everything step by step as it happened! Got my money today!

Go Sedo

Kaneco
:peace:

Congrats.. hope it was a big one.

XSV

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've had one sale for $5k from Sedo since I listed some names there last year. Transaction took about 3 weeks to close, then another week to receive the check. The delay was the buying party taking longer to send the money in. Interesting part is that the domain doesn't even resolve currently.

owndomain

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
dnbidder and owndomain, I've just sent you both PMs. If anyone else has any pressing questions about the status of an open domain transfer, please don't hesitate to send me a PM and I'll make sure I look into this.

Thanks,

Monica

Thanks! Replyied to you by PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom