Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale Successful backorder @ Pool, now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmason

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Howdy everyone!

I just had my first successful .CA backorder at Pool.com. I got noticed via email the the domain had been acquired and paid for by my credit card on file. The acquiring registrar is DomainIdeas.

I do not have an account at DomainIdeas at the moment, but Pool is quite vague on what I do next. Perhaps I am getting a little ahead of myself and need to wait for an email from either Pool or DomainIdeas.

Any words of wisdom for this impatient Canadian?

Many thanks!

Domain Days 2024

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any words of wisdom for this impatient Canadian?
Yup, see the other ongoing threads about pool.

Create an account
When able, get the domain the hell out of there
Good luck getting the registrar to cooperate

Last edited:

cmason

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yup, see the other ongoing threads about pool.

Create an account
When able, get the domain the hell out of there
Good luck getting the registrar to cooperate

Excellent. That is what I will do. I was hoping I could get it into Namespro right away, so this is a shame.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to wait 30 days to get it out of there. And yes, read some of the threads here on dnforum for pool. :sigh2:

No sooner did I press submit for this message and an email from pool dropped into my inbox.

"Please understand that submitting a merge request is at this time an entirely manual and time consuming process"

:(

Pool if you are reading this let me help you help us.

Make the merges automatic. Other registrars get it done on tbr day or the very next day...
Make the email regarding the gaining registrars automatic. And in the email note both a phone number and email contact for each registrar so we can contact them in the first 30 days. This should be done immediately after you process the payment for the domains.

Example:
"Thank you WhiteBark for using our service. Your backorder blahblah.ca was secured by domainregistrarabc.ca. You can contact them at etc etc etc."

That would keep some of us from constantly pestering you. If you can't make that happen - please explain why.

Last edited:

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The example you gave is what I had been looking for on a drop won. For more than two weeks, there was not a word from Pool or the gaining registrar.

Then there was no response to several emails to pool.

After two weeks, I contacted Pool. Whomever I spoke to on the phone said it was not their problem. When I asked why, they said they were contracted to catch the name, had filled their obligation, and as far as they were concerned the matter was over.

When I related that I will let American Express determine the matter was finished, I had an email from the gaining registrar and pool in less than 24 hours.

That is all I needed and wanted - where the hell is my domain name. I did not need someone on the other end of the phone telling me this was no concern of theirs.

When I posted this information here, I was contacted by someone in Pool. The final response was they had no record of my emails or phone calls (even though I forwarded copies).

Thus goes the last domain I won and will ever bid on again at pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom