Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Sudden drop in PPC

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two days ago, I parked a newly acquired domain at Sedo, and it surprised me by drawing good traffic and clicks. In its first full day, it had 32 views, 26 clicks, and $13.35 revenue - an average of 51 cents per click.

Today, traffic is even better - 69 views and 55 clicks so far. However, PPC has dropped to 9 cents!

As a math teacher, I know that 2 days isn't a big dataset. Still, it seems odd that it would average 51 cents for 26 clicks (a fairly substantial number), then average only 9 cents for the next group of clicks.

Three questions:

1. Any idea why PPC would drop so much from day to day?

2. If PPC stays low, would you recommend changing the keyword or parking it somewhere else?

3. Do these traffic numbers look at all suspicious? [Very high CTR.] I'm hoping they are real and will continue, as my wife would really like a new minivan. (I bought the domain for $x, so the parking $ is all profit. :) )

Thanks,
Dave

Last edited:

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My CPC dropped from 6 to 4 cents... :undecided:

Oh well... I wish I coud say that 42 cents is low. BTW, CPC isn't constant...as you had 2x the clicks today it's normal that CPC goes down a little.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes ads for the same keywords get changed up...The dude who was bidding 52 cents (actually higher because of commission) got a load of traffic from your site..and found out it wasn't converting well. He took off his ad, and now the ad in the first spot could be something related to the keyword, but the cpc is a lot less.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sometimes ads for the same keywords get changed up...The dude who was bidding 52 cents (actually higher because of commission) got a load of traffic from your site..and found out it wasn't converting well. He took off his ad, and now the ad in the first spot could be something related to the keyword, but the cpc is a lot less.
OK, that makes a lot of sense - thanks for the info!

Think I should re-keyword it or park it elsewhere?
(Which parking sites have good auto-optimization?)

P.S. I have just parked it at NameDrive, with a search box set up so I can find out what people are looking for, and hopefully optimize on better-paying keywords. (Its second full day of parking at Sedo finished with these stats: 103 views, 79 clicks, $6.90 revenue.)

Last edited:

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, now I'm making 11 cents a click at NameDrive, instead of 7 cents (for the most recent clicks) at Sedo. CTR is down a little, but not enough to outweigh the higher per-click revenue.

EDIT: Actually, the 11 cents was just a "placeholder" figure - the real number posted the next day was 29 cents per click! This domain is going gangbusters (154 clicks today and counting ...).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom