Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

SUGGESTION: Bad User SearchList

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firebird

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There seem to be a certain amount of users which scam you, unauthorized funds, no funds, no domains.. etc. I've seen a forum around here, somewhere, which contained complaints about certain users, and evidence of some scammers.

Now wouldn't it be great if there was some sort of list, with a search function included, that would show all bad users & scammers?
I reckon there should firstly be created a thread about that person, shown evidence or the voice of multiple users. When agreed upon (this could surely be the quick decision of a mod/admin), that user would be added to the 'bad user list'.
The list could contain fields 'name', 'aliases', 'reason', 'date added' and perhaps '# of scams'.

If you were planning to do business with someone, you could do a quick check on that person! Go to the list, type in the user's name, and hit search! It should check through all names and aliases, and you'll see whether that user is a known scammer!

I really do think this not-hard-to-create thing would support trust and sales, and that it would be an invaluable addition to this forum.

Please post your thoughts, especially if you second this motion. Thanks for reading.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that if one could be certain enough that someone is a scammer to place them on a blacklist, that they would have been banned from DNF by now.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Highly unlikely that DNForum would be posting names of members alleged to be scammers! The forum exists "People not to have dealings with" in which you can post problem deals you have experienced (and the accused can put their side of the story), that's about as far as I could see any public forum being prepared to go.

eSology

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I started building stolendomain.org and was planning to do just what you mentioned. I need 34 hours in the day to finish all my half-baked ideas but one day it may possibly be a nice resource for domainers.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Just search the forum by username - it works.

Firebird

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lukeeales said:
I think that if one could be certain enough that someone is a scammer to place them on a blacklist, that they would have been banned from DNF by now.

Perhaps, but that's something different than it's now. There was a thread about 'mtech' who was said to be a scammer by many user. I don't think he was banned, since several days later I found someone offering a domain and saying he received an offer from 'mtech', but that he passed.

Okay, you freshed up my mind. What if, instead of creating a thread and after agreeing the user should be put on the blacklist, when one would create a thread, he would automatically add that user to the 'complaint list'. So you could look anyone up, and decide yourself (when it hasn't been decided whether that respective person should be banned) if you wish to do business with him. How about that!

eSology - I'm glad you share my opinion.

Mr Webname said:
The forum exists "People not to have dealings with" in which you can post problem deals you have experienced

Should you read my adapted idea, which is described above, it would be nearly the same as the existing (if I could only find that place). Except for the searcher. Sorry, but I just think that before doing business hitting your seller/buyer up with a quick check is so efficient - fast and somewhat relaxing! You'd know it if a bad word was spread about someone.

RADiSTAR said:
Just search the forum by username - it works.

Do you mean that I should hit up ctr+f in DNF's index? Or at the respective complaints forum, which I'm still not able to find? :cheesy:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Firebird said:
You'd know it if a bad word was spread about someone.

Bad word does not necessarily mean a bad member - disagreements occur but don't always indicate a scammer, maybe a misunderstanding/unreasonable expectations etc is the problem.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The reason is simple: lists of names have the potential to generate lawsuits, especially if the accused user was placed on them in an unfair manner. On the other hand, specific threads about complaints and warnings - and potential bans - offer a fuller approach about the particular situation that took place.

Firebird

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with your last words, both of you. Which is why I adapted my suggestion, to only including a search.

As I said in my previous reply, if you would to spot your buyer/seller in the results, you could read the thread, and make up for your own whether you would want to do business with that person. With alot of pages and thread names such as 'Watch out for this guy' (including no specific name) I feel it is hard to find the user you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom