Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Suggestion for DN Auction Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think we should start a thread for comment, feedback and suggestion on the Live Auction to improve the script for the next version. agree? I'll start first.

1. when the domain is on auction, it should show the domain description so we don't have to click at the domain on the left each time we want to see the info, because the 20 seconds limit is not enough to do everything. I won a name and just realize that I have to pay transfer fee because I didn't read the description. :(

2. the room should display who are online, at least to show how many people are online

3. the live auction crashed twice on Feb 1, there should be a way to fix that

4. me & nameguy bidded the same amount at the same time. why would this happen? if we both won, who will get the name? moreover, when we bidded, the bidding buttons are inactive, so we can't bid further to change the bid amount

Other than that, thumps up for gregr! excellent job!

Upvote 0

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, I noticed that too.

if you click $20, but someone just bid $20, then your bid becomes $25. the script should stop the bid if someone has already bidded the same amount earlier.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by .biz

1. when the domain is on auction, it should show the domain description so we don't have to click at the domain on the left each time we want to see the info, because the 20 seconds limit is not enough to do everything. I won a name and just realize that I have to pay transfer fee because I didn't read the description. :(

That would be good if it's easy, however in most conventional auctions the "goods" are on view before the auction for all to inspect.
In the case of the auction on Saturday night their was a list of names to be sold on the site and an opportunity to enter the auction script and check the information long before the auction started. So checking out before and selecting the names you're interested in means that there are no surprises on the night and it will be much easier to just concentrate on bidding.

:)

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname

That would be good if it's easy, however in most conventional auctions the "goods" are on view before the auction for all to inspect.
In the case of the auction on Saturday night their was a list of names to be sold on the site and an opportunity to enter the auction script and check the information long before the auction started. So checking out before and selecting the names you're interested in means that there are no surprises on the night and it will be much easier to just concentrate on bidding.

:)

many times you just want to bid the name that you were not interested before. :) my case for example.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I won a name and just realize that I have to pay transfer fee because I didn't read the description.

NO - you do not have to pay the guy a transfer fee.

Rule 3 from the rules page that EVERY member agreed to.....

"*No transfer fees will be allowed."

Period! There are no exceptions.

We won't tolerate people who try to make their own rules. He can write his life story in the 'description' section - but that still doesn't change the rules. Please tell me the users name - and I will be happy to contact him for you - to get this resolved. Do not pay the seller the fee he is asking for. If you do - it will negatively affect the entire system that has been put into place.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper.com

NO - you do not have to pay the guy a transfer fee.

Rule 3 from the rules page that EVERY member agreed to.....

"*No transfer fees will be allowed."

Period! There are no exceptions.

We won't tolerate people who try to make their own rules. He can write his life story in the 'description' section - but that still doesn't change the rules. Please tell me the users name - and I will be happy to contact him for you - to get this resolved. Do not pay the seller the fee he is asking for. If you do - it will negatively affect the entire system that has been put into place.

Didn't happen to me, but it did make me think...What if the REGISTRAR charges a transfer fee? A few still do. I don't know if the still do, but NSI used to not honor the remaining reg time on transfers, even though they didn't charge a "transfer fee". Therefore they had a hidden transfer fee. I once sold a domain with 2 years on it, and the new registrant wasn't able to get credit for it. I had to refund 2 year's NSI fees to honor my ad which stated an expiration date.

I think ALL this should be disclosed in a bid template for full disclosure something like this:

Domain:
Registrar:
*Registrar Transfer Fees (If any):
Expire date:
Miniumum bid:

*unless auction strictly prohibits or requires seller to pay.

It's easier for the seller to post this info, than bidder to look up whois records on all domains they may have an interest.

Maybe someone could post a database of current registrar transfer procedures. I bought 4 names, all at different registrars, which took some time to create accounts at them all. Most were easy, but I wouldn't want to find out after bidding one was at NSI since it wouldn't likely be worth the trouble.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the domain in question is with NSI, that's why if I have known earlier, I wouldn't bid on it.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the domain in question is with NSI, that's why if I have known earlier, I wouldn't bid on it.

Transfer fees, if any, must be absorbed by seller, not bidder.

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Simple answer is to move the domain to a different registrar prior to auctioning it, OR increase your starting bid to cover the transfer costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom