Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Suggestion for Parked

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

just a general suggestion here that i think would improve things.

i notice when looking up many of my parked sites that are indexed, the description usually begins with the sales header (for example, on my domains i have "this domain may be for sale, please contact us for more info")

well for someone seeing that in the description of a site as they browse a search engine, even if it is in the top results, this has to greatly diminish the likely-hood that they are going to go to that site, because they can immediately sense it is a parking page.

so is there any way for parked to run the code for the For Sale header so it doesn't appear at the top of the page, because i think spiders seem to often index whatever is at the top of the page. not sure why thy dont pick up on the meta description tag but it seems like they dont in a lot of cases.

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There should be a meta tag on parked that will allow you to place your own description of the site. Should fix your issue.

it does not seem to work on some domains even though i have filled the meta description tag. i couldn't tell you why.

in any case, according to parked if you leave the meta tags blank they are supposed to dynamically fill them. at least with the keywords, not sure about the description tag

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
The text "For sale..." is the top part of the content. The keywords/description are for search purposes.

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i want - "bookmark us" and make us "Your home page"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom