Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Suggestion: Get In the Chat Room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I see currently active members being anywhere over 400 why in gods name should I see nobody in the chatroom.

The chat is my favorite part about it hre, interacting like that.

We should schedual a time that we would like meet in there sometimes.

*PlayDate* :hug:

Upvote 0

WorldRadio.mobi

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love chatting,

The chatroom would be more filled if it didn't kick people out so easily for those that like to hang around in there all day.

Just a suggestion, I'd like to see people alot of people there as well..

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So If you want to join this sorta gathering just say "I"

And maybe we can work out a time like eveyr other day of the week when you should check for members.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The chat requires Java plugin installed. No experienced people will install it.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well its not just chat where java plugin is used there are hundreds of other used a lot of websites use it and its necessary to have it installed

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have also noticed that chat is usually empty these days.
I think people here want to buy and/or sell domains, but when I have been in chat people is just chating :) and/or offering crap domains.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Care to explain?

Slow, possibly dangerous. I will not install on my computer which is managing property milions of dollars worth anything unnecessary. I do not feel to install java plugin as necessary for my business.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Same here. I also will not install java, flash or other stuff, including displaying some image types.

However, the short answer why chat is little used is many domainers simply do not like online chatting.

The few times I particpated in it long ago it was one reseller pushing a bad domain to another reseller, or crap about the weather or sports, etc.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The few times I particpated in it long ago it was one reseller pushing a bad domain to another reseller, or crap about the weather or sports, etc.

Same with me, its a waste of time.

ansunny

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love chatting too,i know my english is poor.it's a good way to get informations about domain names and also improve my english !

somebody can help me ,i still need to know how to use it for chatting.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Java is relatively safe. There are varying degrees of applet safety - medium to high safety is default in many browser configurations. In addition, most chat applets have limited access to one's computer.

With that said, in light of DNForum being hacked, your concern may be warranted, but hacking a java applet requires some skill to do it without users getting warnings during applet loading.

With all that said, the main drawback of most any type of chat (java, flash, IRC, etc) is that conversation invariably turns to sports, sex, gossip, etc ... nothing wrong with that per se, but many come here to do business efficiently.

Ron

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Current user in chat dont show on index... please fix it ASAP

ninedogger

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nah, i tested it there was three people in there but nobody was listed on the index that they were in there.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
even with 10 people it shows no user on index page.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Java is relatively safe. There are varying degrees of applet safety - medium to high safety is default in many browser configurations. In addition, most chat applets have limited access to one's computer.

With that said, in light of DNForum being hacked, your concern may be warranted, but hacking a java applet requires some skill to do it without users getting warnings during applet loading.

With all that said, the main drawback of most any type of chat (java, flash, IRC, etc) is that conversation invariably turns to sports, sex, gossip, etc ... nothing wrong with that per se, but many come here to do business efficiently.

Ron

This is not about THIS ONE java applet beeing safe. This is about no installing Java plugin at all, because one day I might visit some page with scum java applet

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom