Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Suggestion: Let's start a eBay style feedback system

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This could really put "DNF" or "PerfectNames" (i'll leave that up to greg) on the map. I think, it would be great if there were a way to leave feedback about someone with whom you've had a domain transaction with.

If you want to know how eBay got so big it was because of their simple feedback system (with a few modifications since 1995). People felt better about doing a transaction knowing someone has been "vetted" sotospeak.

In say a years time you may sell between 1-50 names. Sure you get the money from all these individuals, but what you don't realize is that you are losing out on building your "goodwill" on each sell. Meaning the individual buyers know how you do business, but not any future potential buyers. This "goodwill" that you are losing out on is worth more than people actually realize. If you have "good" goodwill built up people will tend to spend money on your goods more frequently and without any hesitation. These kinds of customers are what separate the wheat from the chaff. If small internet operators are to compete with the "big guys" we will need to have feedback systems in place.

This "loss of goodwill" doesn't happen in the physical world because well, "everyone in town" knows how you do business. However on the internet, it's a lot tougher to build "good will"....

I'm sure they have businesses out there that are doing this now, or offering a service, but I am not aware of one specifically set up for Domain Sellers/Resellers.

Just my .04 for today

izopod

just as an example:

By my moniker above, I could have a link to my feedback "score". If someone would want to do business with me, they could check out what type of business person I am. To prevent abuse of this system, you could make it rigid, in that it would take at least two DNF community members to verify a "sale"....

On a side note, just think how fast this community would grow, in that to build your "goodwill" you would need to be a DNF community member??? Just a thought...

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great idea. I hope when this is implemented some of the feedback can be retroactive. :)

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you izopod - most of us in the UK used Yahoo Auctions till they summarily and unexpectedly closed down earlier in the year. They were free, whereas eBay are a sodding ripoff for the service you get.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devolution
[B They were free, whereas eBay are a sodding ripoff for the service you get. [/B]

eBay "grew up" is all. Also most powersellers would disagree with you. TO be able to sell something for 10 times what it would go for in your local area OR yahoo auctions is nothing to snip about.

What I was referring to was the "early years". I started with them back in 1997. I can honestly say their feedback system lead to their growth. You may not remember, but in the "early days" trusting someone online wasn't an easy thing. It was a good idea then, and still is to this day. No one wants a "negative" remark on their record and certainly a "o" feedback rating with "sunglasses".

izopod

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Agree wholeheartedly!
And, I'd now like to nominate Izopod as a member in excellent standing on DNForum ... do I have a second on that?? :)
Thanks for the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom