Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Suggestion/Request: Custom headers

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

just an idea - what about an option to upload your own headers/pictures so that depending on the template and category you could modify an existing template with your own matching headers/pictures ?

Reason for asking is, for instance i have a voip related domain and the new electronics template just fits perfectly except the header - if i had the option to replace the original header with my own, voip-related one that would be perfect.

Maybe it would be a possibility to have a basic (empty graphicswise) template version for each of the existing templates (business, frame, financial etc) so one could choose between the readymade one and the respective basic one where you could use your own graphics ?

As said, "just" an option to replace the header would really be a cool option.

Oh and while we're at it, what also would be great is if there was an option to edit the editorial text ("more info") at the bottom/middle of the page with the financial/business/electronics templates.

Again, the electronics template is nice say for my voip name but it would be even greater and make more sense if i could edit the editorial text so it would not talk about MP3 players and digicams but rather about voip and internet telephony or whatever blurb i would come up with.

Last but not least just an observation - i noticed that although 99% of ads on the german visitors version of the page for my domain are indeed german like it should be, most of the links in the left menu still are in english which looks kind of irritating.

As said, that's for the electronics template, dunno if this happens with other templates as well.

Comments ?

:)

domaister

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree 100%

OR - AT LEAST - allow us access to a set of images (at least 1000) keyword-related, so we can just pick them for each domain!

NameDriver

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi there Beatz,

Thanks for your feedback. Some nice ideas there. I think one of the problems iwth 'Electronics' is that it is such a massive topic area that it is hard to do it justice with one template.
Of the two options suggested here (giving blank templates to members to uplaod the images themselves / providing a database of over 1,000 images), I think the first one is more doable. It is certainly not the first time that we have been asked about custom headers and we are still looking into the possibility of how best to get this done. However, we are responsible for all images and extra content added to our pages, so it would require a good bit of monitoring on our part.
This is similar for the text at the bottom. I do very much like the idea of adding your own and we're certainly considering that.
On the last point, I have checked my own VOIP page from Germany and found that the links on the left are partially in English. These links come from Google depending on the keyword submitted. If the keyword you use is English, then these links are sometimes returned in English. In the case of VOIP, this is certainly the case. I have found that if you use "Internettelefonie" as the keyword, then the ads in the middle and on the left.

Hope you all have a good week.

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom