Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Suggestions for non payers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm having a bigger problem of late with non payers. Of my last post almost all the sites were "sold" but only a small few were paid for. This is over several forums, in fact dont think any were from here but happens here a bit as well.

I long ago stopped holding sites for very long unless people got in touch and gave me a time frame and a reason. Sometimes people got back to me wanting their site but that was like one in 10. My last post provided over $600 in non paying "solds" Giving negative trader rating I guess would help some but, it does little really to bring me the money or sell the sites. I wonder how many sales I've missed because someone posted sold to something someone really wanted and say the post and just moved on.

Normally non payers runs about 30% for me. This time it was almost 80%. I think most here would agree that is just way out of line. At the very least its just plain lying, and bad business. It could be considered a contract but silly for $20-100 sites. I mean ask your questions first, and you post sold, PAY. It seems a simple concept. If you change your mind or find you can't pay, be kind enough to write the person and tell them.

This problem has become way to common.

Domain Days 2024

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with you that it is a huge problem.

First of all, I think the SOLD system is flawed, without further clarification. Lately, I go out of the way to write a special disclaimer in my thread that I will be the sole decision maker as far as what will be "SOLD" or not. That is, I write that first person to PM me with the right offer, and make payment will be the one who is SOLD the website. Basically, I would argue that the posting sold system is flawed, UNLESS you clearly define what constitues a sale in the first place. And, a really good idea would be to consider it sold ONLY if you have received & confirmed payment. This way may lose you a small percentage of buyers, BUT I believe that the other way would lose you a significiantly larger # of potential buyers.

Do away with the sold system! Seller should be the one who determines if it is sold or not, not some dead beat buyer who is trying to waste your time. Make a special note that you will only hear BIN offers over PM, and report the thread immediately if someone posts "SOLD" so you dont lose any potential buyers. Just make it say that once you have received confirmed funds, THEN the buyer or you may post SOLD. But not until funds have been received. This also puts pressure on them to pay you promptly.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its just become silly. Of the $600 sold a few would have sold, but the time was too fast to take others money. I mean you try to give a bit of time for follow up, but it hurts my sales.

I'm working on my new site thats going to have all my rules, but its going to be about 40 pages, and I really dont see it helping on this front. There is always going to be kids and liars posting sold for whatever reason. I can understand people changing mind, but thats not really fair either, but regardless once you post sold then a Pm for details and payment should follow. Its just that simple. I've changed my mind before on sites but paid and then sold for a loss if needed. I think I backed off one site in 5 years as I just couldn't get the money together in a timely manner.

I'm not sure if its games, lack of business sense or ethics, or what ever, but regardless its just not right and causes problems for us trying to do business and follow through behind our word.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
as the biz gets larger more deadbeats are drawn in by the lure of profits , but its fairly simple , just post "first to pay" owns the domain or website , simple as that.

Nexmax

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes thats largely the way i'm moving but really dont want to. No one can pay seconds later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom