Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sunday Auction Aug 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nice one i was starting to think only me and my odd infos would be on....

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I added MatchMaker.Org.Uk ..I had a few people express interest in this domain last month..couldnt close a deal at $160.. ..
well here you go starting bid $40.. and proxy is working so you may get it very cheap ..

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
Woohoo 1 name sold

Nothing new there ..the live auction has sucked for months now..

a few weeks ago we had a $3.00 max opening bid set and ..I think a few hundred bucks worth sold.. everyone hates that idea and wants to list at higher prices ..so thats what we did this week again and right back in the toilet..

but really the biggest problem is the Live auction is not advertised....and until it is people are not going to list their better names

BUT ..that is being worked on...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
but really the biggest problem is the Live auction is not advertised....and until it is people are not going to list their better names

I disagree... even when it was being advertised, it sucked. The business model is too flawed. You have mediocre domains being sold to domainers by domainers - usually the same ones they couldn't sell in the sales forums - and frequently at some sort of a premium.

The auctions will never work because the domainer universe is relatively small, the DNF subsection is even smaller, and there is nothing exciting enough to draw them in on a weekly basis.

Until you can resolve some of those fundamental issues, you are just beating a dead horse.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Did you notice there were not even BIDS for 99% of the domains?

The problem here is... people can see the reserve. So, if it's more than they think they want to pay, they don't even bother to bid!

This is completely, 100% AGAINST auction logic! Real auctions NEVER tell you what the reserve price is!

Even in the Sales Form, people will SAY there's a reservem but often don't say what it is! I wonder why that is, LOL!

The entire concept of an auction is.... you're not SUPPOSED to know what you are going to pay! That's why it's called an auction!

Maybe it's easier to let it go on sucking till it dies a natural death, than it would be to change it for the better.

I think this is sad, because it has so much potential.

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
Did you notice there were not even BIDS for 99% of the domains?

The problem here is... people can see the reserve. So, if it's more than they think they want to pay, they don't even bother to bid!

This is completely, 100% AGAINST auction logic! Real auctions NEVER tell you what the reserve price is!

Even in the Sales Form, people will SAY there's a reservem but often don't say what it is! I wonder why that is, LOL!

The entire concept of an auction is.... you're not SUPPOSED to know what you are going to pay! That's why it's called an auction!

Maybe it's easier to let it go on sucking till it dies a natural death, than it would be to change it for the better.

I think this is sad, because it has so much potential.

WebCat

What do you mean by seeing the reserve? All prices listed are starting bids? :huh:

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The starting bid is the reserve and that is the problem. As Webcat says, see the reserve and pass on so no bidding takes place - no auction.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mr Webname
The starting bid is the reserve and that is the problem. As Webcat says, see the reserve and pass on so no bidding takes place - no auction.
Webbie? How did you get to be so smart, LOL! I always agree with you when you are agreeing with me. :)

yes. In order to HAVE an auction we MUST have bids!

And to have BIDS, we MUST hide the reserve price!

If you put up puppy.com, YOU may want 1000.00 for it, but man, I WANT that domain, and I DON'T know what YOU want, so I BID!!!! I might get lucky!

It's called an AUCTION! :)

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
Webbie? How did you get to be so smart, LOL! I always agree with you when you are agreeing with me. :)

yes. In order to HAVE an auction we MUST have bids!

And to have BIDS, we MUST hide the reserve price!

If you put up puppy.com, YOU may want 1000.00 for it, but man, I WANT that domain, and I DON'T know what YOU want, so I BID!!!! I might get lucky!

It's called an AUCTION! :)

Different web answered and that is fine. Thanks for explaining the rest web cat. Now I understand. Let's see what we can do.

PCplay

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WebCat,

I like your idea and I want to give it a shot. But I am assuming there is little interest in my name (only a few select people, which is different than no value).

So if I were to set the starting bid at say $1 and a $50 reserve. I am assuming that the first person would only bid $1/$2 when they would be willing to bid higher if I made it start higher. So where would I start the bidding?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I disagree back at yopu FrontRow :laugh:

when was the DNF auction ever advertised ? never .. Thats the point.. we dont mean advertised in here..we are talking about across the interent to reach the retail buyers..

BID

Originally posted by FrontRow

I disagree... even when it was being advertised, it sucked. The business model is too flawed. You have mediocre domains being sold to domainers by domainers - usually the same ones they couldn't sell in the sales forums - and frequently at some sort of a premium.

The auctions will never work because the domainer universe is relatively small, the DNF subsection is even smaller, and there is nothing exciting enough to draw them in on a weekly basis.

Until you can resolve some of those fundamental issues, you are just beating a dead horse.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
I disagree back at yopu FrontRow :laugh:

when was the DNF auction ever advertised ? never .. Thats the point.. we dont mean advertised in here..we are talking about across the interent to reach the retail buyers..

BID

well, that raises a whole new set of issues, doesn't it?

is taking that gamble really worth opening up the secrets of this industry to the outside world?

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by FrontRow

well, that raises a whole new set of issues, doesn't it?

is taking that gamble really worth opening up the secrets of this industry to the outside world?

We need retail buyers in the auction.. I wonder if DNF needs an"offsite" place (website?) for the auction? ! whatever "secrets" we have stay here unless they want to join...

What do you think about that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom