Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

surged of 3 character domain name sale on DNforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

nguyenjustin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is up with the recent surged in 3 character domain name sale? When I was looking for 3 character domain name a couple of months ago, not alot of people were selling. Now everyone is selling their 3 characters. Why?

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never thought of buying ccc .coms a year before for <200$.
I have managed to have deals on auction platforms for < $125 and many under $150.

Surprising but true.
Maybe draggar as said, a long invetsment with not much return.
These short domains have to be developed to have any traffic and revenue unless a brand / product exist regarding the same.

I am happy as have managed to build a small portflio with not much crappy names on ccc's.

Time to build them and keep looking for more such deals of <125$ :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i never thought of buying ccc .coms a year before for <200$.
I have managed to have deals on auction platforms for < $125 and many under $150.

Surprising but true.
Maybe draggar as said, a long invetsment with not much return.
These short domains have to be developed to have any traffic and revenue unless a brand / product exist regarding the same.

I am happy as have managed to build a small portflio with not much crappy names on ccc's.

Time to build them and keep looking for more such deals of <125$ :)

the last 3 char i sold was 2 on np @ > $200 and those had a 0 in the middle

one before that sold for $,$$$ @ sedo was nll.com

other before that sold @ sedo for > $500

names sell in cycles, and you have to know when to hold and when to sell....to maximize roi

any day, the value could change, based on it sounding like some other product, service, occurance or entity.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, any surge in names being offered for sale (not necessarily actual sales) is most likely because many domainers (including some long time players) are simply throwing in the towel on domaining as a result of low revenue over past few years combined with high renewals and poor sales. That is especially true on names which are of more dubious value such as ones which contain characters and poor quality extensions too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom