Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

swiftappraisal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new format at http://www.swiftappraisal.com

I know that appraisals are a dime a dozen - but swiftappraisal.com seems more realistic now for some reason. It used to be that whatever domain name you put into the swift appraisal website - the appraisal was always some astronomical, unrealistic figure. It seemed like the founder had designed the appraisal program to "tell the user what the user wanted to hear" (i.e. that all domains that the user owned were worth 1 million dollars a piece).

But check it out - input one of your domains into the swiftappraisal appraisal system. It seems to be pulling out more realistic figures for the appraisal.

Just thought I would let someone try it and get their opinions.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hehe it just estimated my Moved.info domain to be..........

Estimated value @

MIN $45,000.00
MAX $65,000.00

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
still seems to over rate all domains.

The primary reason it doesnt work well (and there are others), is that it relies on the person to answer questions, and that is very hard to do objectively...

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess you're right seeker. I had used the default answers to questions and came up with values that I thought were realistic. But I see from your Moved.info example, that it really depends on the way you answer those questions and it's hard to do objectively.

I just wanted someone else's opinion.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
no problem, what value did you get back for moved.info.

Its probably easier having someone else put the details through for you!

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMHO the default answers are fair - ppl need to be more objective about their own domains.

If so many people weren't out to get $1M for names like moved.info (not saying you are seeker, just making an example) then we'd see more activity and perhaps even more development of the domains that should be developed.

At a minimum, the site is something you can send a prospective end-user to when they balk at your price. :)

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Would you not say

MIN $4,500.00
MAX $6,500.00

is a little high for this domain?

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
IMHO the default answers are fair - ppl need to be more objective about their own domains.

If so many people weren't out to get $1M for names like moved.info (not saying you are seeker, just making an example) then we'd see more activity and perhaps even more development of the domains that should be developed.

I dont own moved.info :)
and I agree with most of your post except the first part, I still think the site over values domains in general.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i own it. Just using it as an example as its a relatively good domain but not great.

wayne

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yer I just got internetpresence.co.uk appraised at $45,000 to $65,000... at last, I've got a decent domain name!!! :santa:

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha! Figures I'd pre-apologize to the wrong person. It's been that kinda day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom