Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Switching Parking Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you re-direct a domain from one parking service to another in order to evaluate that services ability to convert for that site how long do you wait before making a decision on whether to stay or go back to the previous parking service (assuming revenue was lower with the new service).

Do you give the new service at least a week to create some historical data?

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends on the optimization techniques and duration of optimization at the parking service. For example, sometimes domainsponsor takes months to fully optimize some of my names receiving lower amounts of traffic.

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
alldig said:
It depends on the optimization techniques and duration of optimization at the parking service. For example, sometimes domainsponsor takes months to fully optimize some of my names receiving lower amounts of traffic.

A month? Wow, wouldn't have expected it to take so long. Up till now I've been using SEDO exclusively but due to dropping revenue I'd decided to try a few others with various domains to test the waters. I guess I need to have a little more patience ;)

And thanks very much for the reply...

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You must count one month everywhere. DS need to optimize, Sedo you need to find the right keyword. Week is abolute minimum as every day of the week is different...

totenmaske

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
denny007 said:
You must count one month everywhere. DS need to optimize, Sedo you need to find the right keyword. Week is abolute minimum as every day of the week is different...

Thanks for the feedback it is greatly appreciated. I'm also trying my hand at some mini-sites with Adsense for comparison as well. I come from a developed website background (usually websites with thousands or tens of thousands of pages) and historically I only park names I either haven't yet developed or names that I developed that didn't pan out. So some of the more intricate aspects of "Parking for Profit" are still foreign to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom