Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tablet PC's? any future

Status
Not open for further replies.

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard much about the Tablet. Is it done, did the idea get dumped, whats going on.

Thanks
Bryan

DarkestWeb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They are making them. Our director is testing one. Personally, I think they are crap, hard to use, special software and drivers, it's like an overgrown PDA...blah...I don't think they will go far...

Christopher Marks

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about all the hardware issues when XP was released....Tablet PC versions will make upgrades a pain in the arse I'm sure.

doughhead

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Was fortunate to demo unit from HP in December to test with a custom software app we use for Health Care industry.

Have ordered 2 for further testing and should received them this week.

Hand writing and voice recognition is very good. Not a speed machine, but easier to use in some vertical markets than full blown laptops.

They will begin to take off when they become more readily available... great for vertical markets..... my opinion

jag5311

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you think there will be a market in the future for websites that deal with tablet users needing to update their tablets, whether it is through files, software, games, etc..

Kinda like what some PDA's have online. For example, the Sony Clie you can download games or programs like tip calculators, expense programs, etc..

I bought the domain back a while ago called tabletconnect.com with that exact idea behind it. Do you guys see a future in something like that, maybe 1-2 years down the road?

Thanks
Bryan

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it has future.

newnoy

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I wish I had one. :)

mcom1999

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone interested in this domain - send me a pm.

Thanks.

DeCal

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
UK Overture reports 1300+ searches for Tablet PC in December 2002 so people are searching for it!

wwww

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
they are too big for being used as a pda but too slow for being used as a real computer (usually around 800 MHZ as far as I saw)... I would rather put my money into a real laptop computer.

TheTron

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it has a future as well, just like everything it will take a little time to get going. I'm sure prices will start to drop eventually on them and the market will start to grow for them.

Originally posted by .com.net.org
I think it has future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom