Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Tablet pc's versus regular notebooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are tablet pc's so far behind notebooks in processors?

The highest tablet pc I can find is 2.0 GHz while pc's are at about 3.6.

why?

-=DCG=-

Vivvy

Wild And Crazy Grrl
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it's all about the heat... so far design has focused on small and ultra portable, and both those things are impacting the kind of processor you can have running full blast...

the portable pc industry is really interesting to me... i mean, if you look back there was a time where your overall choices of a "laptop" or portable generally were limited to a very narrow size/weight/performance corridor, but now you've go these two widely diverging paths... one going more compact and aimed at convenience or just that cool look of a screen alone/writing tablet, the other path going big... with 17 inch screens and screaming processors where you have to buy a brand new $300 case just to carry the darn thing around.

I think some manufacturers are playing this one conservative and waiting to see if the tablet craze is going to sustain itself before they really put the money into mega development. But that would be IMHO.... what do i know? all my info comes from way too many industry magazine subscriptions. i'd love to have 5 minutes with the head of AMD... get a little insider info... but alas, dr. ruiz isn't taking appointments and i'm looking for a fast laptop with a 17" screen...

Vivvy

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom