Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Tactic

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a .com domain and I see that recently a large rich company have regged the .net. How would it be viewed, in a UDRP, if I was to write and say along the lines "...I noticed that you have registered the domain name xyz.net and
since I own xyz.com I wonder if you would like to sell your domain to me ....?".

Could that be twisted around and them plead that I was in fact trying to sell them the .com ? John ,anyone ,what do you think.

DG

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What happens if they respond with "sure, we will sell it"? :D

flamewalker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Offering to buy THEIR domain imo should be fine... just don't offer to sell yours, and make sure you dont infringe any tm's they may have!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Send them a letter where you say you are a lawyer and they obligated to transfer the domain to you for free :lol:

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Consider using a third party - a broker :smilewinkgrin: - who is not linked directly to you so that you do not create potential issues down the road. Larger corporate acquirers use a dual layer approach to very quietly go out and purchase target domain names.

Since you already tagged the .net company as "rich" and you are a member here, they may have already decided the domain is not a priority and may simply wait you out or simply use their .net as a market tag and nothing more.

If you find out that they own x number of similar domains in y number of markets, then you have something cooking. Either way, tread carefully and either use a broker - ahem - or avail yourself of some of the good lawyers on this board. The investment is worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom