Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Damn, I haven't filed my taxes in 4 years. I finally submitted a form to the IRS of 'non-filing'. I said, “'cause all these damn websites make it so god damn difficult to file taxes overseas” in a professional manner, of course. The first question should be, "Do you work overseas?" and if the answer is "Yes", then follow up with, "Was your annual income greater than $92,000?", If “Yes”, proceed to file taxes, if “No”, file as is and see if the audit comes later.

Why can't it be much easier? I tried filing, wasting 2 hours each time and it comes back saying I owe $X,XXX to the IRS. I got outraged at 2 e-file sites cause they didn’t understand the tax laws of citizens working overseas—and they’re in charge of my tax return. I gave up and exited the browser. I did it two years in a row, assuming that they would have updated their system for expatriates, but no—two hours later and I still owe the IRS.

Apparently, from someone who worked for the IRS informed me after reading the letter I sent, I may be on their "suspicious" list (where they bring a cop along with an IRS agent to audit you).

On another note, is it apparent who bought the domain as of yet (reseller or end user)? Fair price for a quality word, but I believe that it will be hard to rank unless it's a big firm who already ranks for taxes, tax returns, etc.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I'm aware of some classes of contractors to the military overseas don't get taxed. A friend is a helicopter engineer in Puerto Rico. The tax-free money must be nice!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm aware of some classes of contractors to the military overseas don't get taxed. A friend is a helicopter engineer in Puerto Rico. The tax-free money must be nice!

Yes, it has its benefits. I call it my slush fund. ;)

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welcome to America, one of the very very few countries that holds its non-resident citizens liable for tax...

But I think these .info are selling for what they are worth.
Always been a weak TLD. Yet this is the most successful of new TLDs so far.
In view of the upcoming release of new extensions it's no wonder that several registries have been liquidating inventory.
You have to strike the iron while it's hot, ask the .mobi guys about it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, a week tld. But both are keyword gems in any gTLD. I am looking at both sales and seriously very each as undersold at those prices. I had no idea tax was even on the market let alone at auction. I know an end user that would get to drooling had he known it was availble.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Absolutely true, these are gems. If the überpremiums are fetching $,$$$, then this is the benchmark for the extension. Which means that the lesser domains in that TLD aren't worth much really...
Somebody said they should spread the auctions over a larger period, because capital available at any given time is limited.
I think there some truth in it, but the market is what it is. I don't think that whomever has bought them overpaid, but I'm not sure there is a huge margin for profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom