Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TCPIP.com minus the IP part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good buy, but definitely not a six figure name (unless of course you meet that enthusiastic end-user).

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why not a six figure name? I say it is an upper 6 figure name. Any major networking company (software/hardware) could be after it.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why not a six figure name? I say it is an upper 6 figure name. Any major networking company (software/hardware) could be after it.

Well .. The term 'TCP' is not something a "common person" knows what is. We who are tech-savvy, who's been online since before the internet (BBS'es :)), knows very well what the TCP-protocol is, but I just don't see a big commercial value in this name. I mean .. Of course it's great to own it if you run a networking company, but if your domain name budget is in the upper 6 figures then there are lots of better names for sale out there which will be more suitable for a networking company.

Also, the fact that it's been registered since 1992 increases its value a lot, but then again; a premium LLL.com (although with no well known meaning) was sold here on DNF a couple of days ago for $3k less than what TCP sold for. That particular domain had been registered since 1990 (!).

There are some really good deals to get out there and TCP dot com definitely was one of them, but I don't think it would've been sold for a lot more if it was run by the biggest names in this industry. Maybe $30k-35k tops. I'm not saying it's impossible that it, some day, can sell to an end-user for six figures, but if more domainers shared your opinion that this is an upper 6 figure name, then it would have been sold for a lot more.

Only my 2 cents. We all have different opinions of course. :)

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's not a matter of who knows what it stands (or can stand) for but rather, who had access to the auction. As a "sent to auction" sale, there were only 6 bidders. If such companies were informed - and they weren't, because this was not a brokered sale - they would have bid a whole lot more for the domain, hence my appraisal at high 6 figures.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it is an upper six figure name and you truly believe that why did you not buy it?

It's not like it was a private sale and you didn't know it was available. It was public Sedo auction.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If it is an upper six figure name and you truly believe that why did you not buy it?

It's not like it was a private sale and you didn't know it was available. It was public Sedo auction.

If I bought everything in sight I would be living off a box :D And you would not be able to read about it.

barrysanders

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That's a cop out answer. Something that sold for under $20k you think is worth high $XXX,XXX. I highly doubt you have found other deals of that magnitude that you are in the thick of.

If I had this belief in the value of something I'd remortgage my home and sell the shirt off my back to buy it if need be.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
If I had this belief in the value of something I'd remortgage my home and sell the shirt off my back to buy it if need be.

And that's your prerogative, albeit a rather naive one. You can also jump off a cliff or hold your breath until you turn purple.

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

We'll soon find out who got this top tier domain for a slice of bread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom