Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TDNAM.com Shill Bidding [Warning!!!!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In dialogue with tdnam.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Someone has to pay for their superbowl add ;)

lyndonmaxewell

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sigh, and pass me the cornflacks! And this still happens?

mmerlin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gee that's a big claim, but 6 domains all with a bid $5 below your max, that is very suspicious.

Maybe you could raise the issue in a way that Godaddy/TDNAM have to respond.

Perhaps a few well placed comments on Bob Parsons blog? He does read people's comments and even replies to them

It would also be interesting to find other TDNAM customers who have experienced the same behaviour.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gee that's a big claim, but 6 domains all with a bid $5 below your max, that is very suspicious.

Maybe you could raise the issue in a way that Godaddy/TDNAM have to respond.

It would also be interesting to find other TDNAM customers who have experienced the same behaviour.

Ive experienced the same exact thing on a XXXX bid. No activity at all then all of a sudden someone bids my exact max bid ? (but I still win). :dizzy:

Ive been on the phone a few times with GD/TDNAM - not a pleasant experience yet.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If this is proven can you imagine the potential class action lawsuit on this.

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do you notice if it is the same winners or usernames who keep doing this? There may be a pattern

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of interest in this as I have spent thousands and many times feel there is a phoney bidder bidding me up. Can someone pm me the original message in this thread, befor it was edited by thethread starter?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I love when members go and edit their posts. Makes me want to quote them anytime I place a reply. Now this thread is pointless.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do you notice if it is the same winners or usernames who keep doing this? There may be a pattern

You never know who is bidding or who won any particular auction. So TDNAM pretty much covered there ass on that one... but, yea I could imagine the lawsuit. :hand:

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually I noticed the exact same thing last weekend.

In the past, I either get completely outbid or if I left a "safe" proxy bid to make sure I got the name the other bids only came within 50-60% of my max proxy bid.

Last week all my bids were being hit within $5-10 under and I was never outbid on a single name.

This stinks to high heaven.

warnerms

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the shill bidding, but I have certainly taken issue with the
premium cashparking customer thing. The way I see it they are trying to charge
and additional fee for a service you have allready paid for. Imagine paying for an
airline ticket, getting on the plane and the stewardess ask you for an additional
$200 because you got a window seat. Are they going to create further subclasses
of auctions so you have to pay another fee to sneeze or wipe your ass :(

scizza

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What kind of %'age does TDNAM take from the sale of an item? I thought they dont take a cut and only make money on the listing extras and $4.95 membership fees. Am I wrong?? I have never sold an item on there but have bought several domains on there though. (priced from $10 to $300 and only the $10 domain was auction style)

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What kind of %'age does TDNAM take from the sale of an item? I thought they dont take a cut and only make money on the listing extras and $4.95 membership fees. Am I wrong?? I have never sold an item on there but have bought several domains on there though. (priced from $10 to $300 and only the $10 domain was auction style)

On expired domains they take 100%

T

tekz999

Imagine paying for an
airline ticket, getting on the plane and the stewardess ask you for an additional
$200 because you got a window seat. Are they going to create further subclasses
of auctions so you have to pay another fee to sneeze or wipe your ass :(

LOL! :rockon:

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just be Carefull,

I posted one domain for sale with a featured listing, Cost $9.95 and had supposed aggressive bidding to within $10.00 of my reserve.

I thought this was strange and re posted again.

It cost me another $9.95 and the same thing happened.

Call me stupid, but this is beyond a joke.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This is from their web site
"Seller Fees:
Closing price under $500 5% ($5 Minimum)
Closing price $500 or more 7% (Includes escrow)"

Re thread
I find it difficult to believe that TDNAM would be capable of inflating bids
My own experience with TDNAM is that it is difficult to find anyone there who has the feintest idea of what buying/selling domains is all about.

For example if you do sell a domain for Closing price $500 or more, the seller doesn't actually pay TDNAM anything.
That is because their support tells the seller and the buyer that they must initiate a transaction at escrow.com and that they can do no more to help.
As a seller I of course ask the buyer if they will pay the escrow.com fees.
The fees escrow.com charge are the same level as for any other domain transaction.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they bought off original poster? Seems very shady to say the least. Might be time to contact some attourneys.

RepCentral

DN Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Does that mean that GoDaddy is lurking around DNF or did they come to an understanding and the poster felt guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom