Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TDNAM estimated traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoBeachBum

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is the estimated traffic bull? Did anyone experiance this yet??

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's kept up for names I've purchased there... traffic between 15-120. However, I've seen some names there where I'm like 'no f**king way in hell' can be getting the traffic mentioned.

dr00t

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yah, some of the names on there.. I ran a link check at www.marketleap.com to see how much incoming links they have... and if they are 0, then its gotta be bull crap.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they are VERY innacurate as they are just server stats on the url not uniques, you gotta use common sense obviously.

jasdon11

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most of the names I've bought there get roughly 30-75% of their stated traffic - except one name which is getting slightly more than quoted with about average CTR.

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Few domains have lower traffic than specified.
All the other have significantly lower traffic than specified.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I’m leery of traffic stats from virtually any source.

ALWAYS proceed with great caution when it comes to claims on traffic.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The numbers are total Bull. I have seen my own names that I dropped for non-performance and no traffic listed on TDNAM with HYPERINFLATED NUMBERS.

If they were so damn good and such gems I would have never dropped them to begin with. I called this to their attention and got no response.

There have been several that I recently deleted and dropped and I'll be watching for them.

I called this to their attention and got no response.

TDNAM has gone way overboard with promoting their own expired domain names (GoDaddy and any GoDaddy/WildWestReseller) that they have simply lost site of the fact that there is a shred of truth to some of the names.

I have sold nearly 500 domains on TDNAM since they have been on line but have stopped. They are so into self promotion and falsifying and icon the hell out of their own domains that are of absolute no value or consequence that any legitimately good domain offered by a private seller is buried in the crap they put forth.

There is no focus on private sellers and customer service is pathetic if it exists at all. There is no incentive to even list private sales. At best, TDNAM will make 5% off a private sale. They make 100% of the sale of an expired domain name. Therein lies the motivation to promote the hell out of it. And with an endless supply of their own domains, this is a monster of a cash cow for them.

On the opposite side of this point; because good domains are overlooked as TDNAM sucks in all the buyers with their BS, there are some very good bargains to be had.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have found the traffic numbers are not anywhere close to what they say...I bought a name they claimed to have 8000+ and it ended up with about 4-500 per month (and dropping each month).

I have bought names which do not reflect any traffic and it ends up having 2000+.

It seems to be a total crap shoot.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It seems to be a total crap shoot.
They cover their asses with their disclaimer:

The traffic data is provided AS IS and for informational purposes only. The traffic data reflects internally calculated data and does not represent a guarantee of continued traffic in any way.

I would like to know what internally calculated data is. Better yet, what brand calculator are they using.

Here is a sampling of current auctions and the tops in "calculated" traffic:

name traffic bids (or -no bids) current price

isospider.net 41258 - $1,690
dotstation.net 35472 - $410
renegade-inc.net 27081 21 $455
moridewifi.com 26914 - $1,150
tuscuerdas.com 25782 - $550
dulces-jovencitas.com 25424 - $580
x-trip.org 24046 9 $200
hollycowauto.com 20638 17 $215
photoshopbuddy.com 16577 25 $1,205
123pics.biz 16379 - $940
ageilus.org 10813 1 $440
megapostffa.com 10405 4
maduras-ardientes.com 10300 10 $238

These are domains owned by GoDaddy/TDNAM and reflect expired or expiring domains.

Needless to say, 48 of the current top 50 prices are for TDNAM/GoDaddy names. Such monumental names like:

pattysprettypaper.com
almostgolfball.com
beadresourcedirectory.com
warmbeachwoodworking.com

Sorry, I can't go on. I am not sure whether it is the pure envy and jealousy digging at me or just an overall nauseated feeling. I'd like to admit that I am making all of this up, but I can't. (insert puking animation here)

I'm still trying to find a sucker, er...strike that...a buyer willing to buy my Cisco stock for what I paid for it.

SuccessClick

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
After five months of bitching at Godaddy for trying to retrieve a domain name one of their "reps" transferred into my reseller account to save me money (the guy transferred it into someone else's account), and that's still not resolved, I found OTHER malfeasances within Bobby "I wish I was Hugh Hefner" Parsons successful enterprise. (If you like horror stories, PM me and I'll tell you all the dirty details of how Godaddy works in regards to recovering domains that are YOURS).

The other problems I found were:

1. A rudimentary check found 20+ domains that were parked at their default landing pages (which I never allowed to happen, since i obviously set my own PS pages as I buy the domain. Why let Godaddy make revenue on my domains? They surely don't "share" the revenue with you on their default landing pages for YOUR domains). I don't know what happened in this particular case, maybe I messed up and "forgot" to set the custom nameservers as I purchased the domains (hardly likely)... but here's the rub. I am the guy that designed "domain folders" for registrars to allow their customers to categorize their domains within the registrar into certain groups, customized however. This new feature was first offered, along with other ground-breaking domain management features I created, at Bulkregister.com. By June of 2006, there wasn't a registrar in the world that could compete with Bulkregister's domain management features, including their "magic folders" for categorizing and automating domain attributes.

It was heaven. Bulkregister.com was THE domainer's registrar. Why? Because as their domain consultant, I gave them a WISHLIST of domainers' requests and desires in how to manage their domains in the easiest way.

To Bulkregister's credit, their top notch development team created this system in less than a year... and this system ROCKED. It was amazing to see and use. IF you weren't a bulkregister user, you missed out.

Then the bomb dropped -- a big money pocket company came and bought BR --- and attempted to migrate the Bulkregister users and features into their own current system..... Let's call this company "ENOM".

Enom has definitely improved in domain management since the purchase of BR, but they're still nowhere close to the perfect features available at BR that were created FOR domainers.

I'm doing a giveaway right now -- it doesn't matter because I have too many clients and projects as it is... so here it is for registrars who want a clue": SHOW A LIST OF CUSTOMER DOMAINS AND THE NAMESERVERS FOR EACH DOMAIN. ALLOW THE USER TO CHECK A BOX TO DO A SELECTIVE OR GLOBAL CHANGE OF THESE NAMESERVERS (or other changes).

Bulkregister allowed you to do this. Do you know how incredibly easy it was to know where your domains were parked by just doing search on a "list domains by nameservers" feature option? You could easily find all the domains you bought from third parties or expiring domain sites that never changed the nameservers over from the previous owners... (a big revenue loser for large domain portfolio holders).

Anyway, I digress. Godaddy, the "BIG" registrar in our industry *cough*, couldn't even give me a list of my domains showing which domain was parked at what nameserver. I even talked to a "supervisor" at customer service who had no idea how to give me a list of my domains showing where they were parked.

That forced me to go through my hundred plus domains at godaddy one by one to make sure they hadn't "switched" my preferred nameserver parking service with their 'default" godaddy landing pages. By the time I was through, I found over 20 domains that for a YEAR were resolving to a godaddy landing page. How much money did they make from my traffic, and how much were they willing to share with me. I don't know, it doesn't matter, because they won't.

So... to make a long story longer... i signed up for TDNAM (What kind of website domain name is this?) to grab a domain that WAS mine but now I have to fight for --- if I get it without too much trouble, I'll be amazed. But what struck me the most was that when I did searches for expiring domains and auctions, the HORRIBLE domain quality that was listed. THe majority of the domains weren't worth the registration price.

This shows me one thing... and all domainers have to be aware of this ---

If the domain has true value, you most likely will not see it in any aftermarket "auction" or sales site. Why? Because the registrar, name any registrar you like, is buying those domains for themselves. Thus, when you go to TDNAM, you'll see a bunch of Tijuana Taco Stand advertising for domains that have all fat and no meat ... because all the rib eye and filet mignon domains have been sucked out into private registrar stock.

Bottom line, I can't make a comment on stated traffic of TDNAM domains, and whether they're true, but i can say that there are other issues that are important to us domainers bidding on "aftermarket domains" AND dealing with huge domain industry companies like godaddy that control so much of this business.

ilovedomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you read the FAQ's, you will see the starting price on the names is "their" estimate, of what the name "might" make in a year. In a nutshell... Your beat before you start.

If you buy at TDNames do it with the understanding that:
1. They have tested it and determined its value before its even listed.
2. They wont sell it for less than they figure they can make themselves.
3. It isnt really an auction, they are just dumping the garbage.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ironic that the thread starter got banned for faking traffic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom