Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TDNAM - Not sold domain - my domain now listed by someone else

Status
Not open for further replies.

inquisitive

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Has this ever happened to you?

I had an existing domain that I placed on a 7day auction. Name didn't sell, GoDaddy notified me it didnt sell (listing expired - date of email 8/26).
Logged into account today to relist it for sale and got message that it was already listed. ???
Did a search and sure enough the same name is listed for sale (except I didnt place it on sale), it is not listed within my account as being for sale.
Not sure how someone could place it for sale when it didnt sell and the whois has not changed.

Any of you experienced anything similar?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any of you experienced anything similar?
Yes. The accuracy of the domain spelling, extension, ownership is NOT verified by TDNAM. You can list anything for sale as there is no checking done on the front end. As soon as you enter all the information and press enter, away it goes to auction.

I had (in the distant past) listed names with either unintentional typos or even extension (their system was set up with .com being the default).

As for your name being relisted, when listed names for sale check for an opt out box for an auto-relist (if such a thing exists).

If, however, the name is showing up as being for sale but not in your names for-sale menu, then there is a good chance someone else listed it for sale, either intentionally or unintentionally.

You should contact TDNAM/GoDaddy to notify them of this situation.

To the credit of TDNAM, even if the name sells at auction it would not be automatically taken out of your domain registrar account.

inquisitive

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply Doc Com,

Apparently if you have the domain listed with a third party (like afternic), the auction may also get listed with tdnam thus preventing the relisting of the domain in tdnam.

Additional info:
The plus side of this is that the Afternic/buydomains listing in tdnam is using 4 categories for the domain (and you do not have to pay extra for them). (if the comm% is more at afternic then that is where the money goes).

As a test I just let the one afternic listing exist in tdnam, just to see what happens.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom