Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

TDNAM now Extending Auctions for 2 mins after last bid is made!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think this is a brand new (or close to it) enhancement

From the TDNAM site:

What is an Extended Auction?
An extended auction is an auction model that has a variable end date and time based on bid activity. While a published end time is shown for the auction, this end time will be automatically extended if bids are made in the final moments of the auction, allowing all interested bidders a chance to bid on the domain name before bidding ends.

Great for GD they will get more money for names bad for us snipers :-(

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I've discovered this doesn't currently apply to all auctions.

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Finally!!! I've lost so many good names waiting last second to up my bids... though this is a pus and a negative because I've gotten a few solid names last second as well :)

Pentari

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How do you tell which ones it applies to?

JoeyMob

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't like this feature I see myself loosing alot of domains now. ::(:

WeBuyThe.Com

WE BUY DOMAINS
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dotNetKing said:
I've discovered this doesn't currently apply to all auctions.
Right, only the expiring auctions that THEY own. Not customer auctions. It looks like it only applies to expiring domains priced 20 and higher.

Pentari said:
How do you tell which ones it applies to?
Simple! Just look for the yellow icon in the listing

PS I just discovered another new feature...TRAFFIC STATS!! http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=159906&highlight=tdnam

dilpreet

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Very informative as some of my domains are there.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WeBuyThe.Com said:
Right, only the expiring auctions that THEY own. Not customer auctions. It looks like it only applies to expiring domains priced 20 and higher.

Right. Thanks.

I was bidding on names which they owned, but which were below 20.

domain_investor

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope they do not do this for all names; My last second bids get me lots of great names. It's easy to beat people that are too chicken to put in their highest bid once, and prefer to wait until they see if anyone tries to beat them. In my opinion, either you know what's it's worth or you don't. What others bid should have no bearing.

Get ready for higher prices like on Snapnames, where egos, not brains, dominate.

carlton

Internet Real Estate
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
slobizman said:
.. Get ready for higher prices like on Snapnames, where egos, not brains, dominate.
I think you're right. Extending the auction in increments basically makes GoDaddy much more money. I assume they are noticing greater domainer interest with each passing week.

Actually, I've been predicting an increasing scarcity of good domains and resulting higher prices. Let's have a conversation on this topic in 6 months and everyone will see how much more competitive these auctions have become. Many more players entering the field so law of supply and demand will take an even firmer foothold.

P.S. IllegalImmigration.US very nice domain.

irishmat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if thats the case then best time to snipe is just before two minutes til auction end

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
carlton said:
I think you're right. Extending the auction in increments basically makes GoDaddy much more money. I assume they are noticing greater domainer interest with each passing week.

Actually, I've been predicting an increasing scarcity of good domains and resulting higher prices. Let's have a conversation on this topic in 6 months and everyone will see how much more competitive these auctions have become. Many more players entering the field so law of supply and demand will take an even firmer foothold.

P.S. IllegalImmigration.US very nice domain.

I agree , it seems godaddy also becomes smarter (or more greedy, whatever) in pricing domains that get traffic to begin with as well...you used to be able to get domains with traffic at ok multiples..not anymore...it seems they are pricing them higher and higher...godaddy is always crying about domain-kiting, if you ask me..having millions of domains expire every month and checking that traffic is pretty much the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom