Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a domain from the TDNAM offer/counter offer section and the seller was quick to accept the bidding price which was paid for within seconds through Paypal and verified minutes later with GoDaddy-- but since trying to contact the buyer and have him push it, I have had no response. :?: I called GoDaddy and they said the buyer has 15 days to push it and if they don't to call them back and they will handle it. It's going on 10 now with still no response from the seller. Does this practice happen a lot? Will I have to wait the whole 15 days and have GoDaddy assist the transfer? Is it a guarantee that I will even get the domain?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you, as the buyer, file a dispute w/GD auctions within 14 days of the exact day and time you got the name then they will refund you if the seller doesn't deliver the domain, just don't wait till the very end, contact GD auctions (att- disputes) in writing on day 12 or 13,

i had a problem w/this when they changed the period buyers have to file a dispute from 30 days to 14 and they didn't tell anyone, it was apparently in some fine print somewhere, i hate that the period is so short, especially when after the buyer pays for the name the $ is held by GD 5 days until it "clears", that's 5 days they take away from the buyer, so you only had 9 days actually to get the seller to push it to you, not 14, ie if you contact a seller before that 5-day holding period ends GD will tell the seller it's too early to push to the buyer's acct

i wrote to the auction mgr at GD about this, but like any other suggestion or objection you report to them, it did not make any difference, they could not care less and most people agree w/me here, the thing is, if you got it at a good price and the name has potential, try your best to have GD contact the seller (they may ban his acct 24 hrs or so to get his attention) by the deadline, a lot of sellers respond to GD quicker than to the buyer in a sale, plus your emails to him may not be reaching him, he has no way of knowing who the buyer was or what his email address is so he has to look for it in his spam, it happens a lot -

when you email him using GD's messenger, or even using the WHOIS email address, he won't know whom the email is coming from, that's always a problem, good luck, let us know how it goes

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information on the 5 day clearing period, it may have been a reason why the seller didn't push it. I never assumed that the email could have been going to his spam account, but that is a likely situation as well. An hour or so after writing the OP, the domain was pushed-- strange? :?:

In all, it was my first experience with TDNAM auction place and it seems kinda slow but not too bad. Now it's time to decide to develop this name or hold onto it. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom