Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

TDNAM Users: Important Message!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Over the last couple of months, TDNAM has been auctioning off domain names they DO NOT OWN OR CONTROL.

A few weeks ago I saw one I recognized as property as someone I know, I filed a support ticket, and the name was deleted.

Then I got an odd 'refund' email, with no explanation. I looked up the name, and it was at another registrar and had been there a while.

I have now discovered that I have about a DOZEN domains I've "won" at TDNAM that are not at any Godaddy registrar, are fully paid up, and not listed for sale by the owner. There has NOT been a refund issues, and these names no longer appear in the "won" or "didn't win" screen. These are NOT "owner reclaimed" issues -- that's a different story.

I think I know what happened -- 2 months ago Godaddy forced an aweful, buggy new interface upon us, much of which does not work. About 1/3 of domains I transfer from Godaddy need show in the 'approval' screen (they transfer anyway) and stay in the management console after trnasfer is complete. I suspect the then go to TDNAM, even though they are renewed at another registrar.

SO... it's very possible you also have paid for domains you don't own... check your recent TDNAM purchases via WHOIS.

I've gone back and forth a few times with TDNAM, and the current situation is this:

You must send THEM a list of the names that you paid for but never arrived in your Godaddy account. They will NOT fix the problem by doing a check themselves. If you don't send them a list, you simply lose your money.

mjreine

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sounds scary.. Anyone else confirm that TDNAM is selling domains from other registrars? Have you ever had them keep your money and you never got your domain?

And yes I too dislike the new TDNAM interface. Mainly I believe it should be slimmed down considerably...

Thats fine that they have Danicas photo on the front (I dont mind looking at her) but not on every page load when you are browsing tons of domains.

Once you go into the domain search interface I would prefer it be as close to text only as possible.

*Css menus... no heavy graphics.
*Why are my saved searches relagated to a small corner on the lower left when I use that feature 99% of the time!?

Just putting all of the godaddy services on the upper left into a css drop down menu alone would speed up the page loads. Right now it is a slow and cumbersome interface for the purpose of browsing thousands of domains daily...it works... but could be improved upon significantly.

Varlin

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can always write to GD and propose changes. I have done a few times since 2004 and curiously (yet to be determined if there were more ppl asking for them) ALL of my proposed changes have become part of the improved interfaces.

Just to let you know, I never proposed more complex and sluggish menus :), but some changes to allow more efficient listing and bulk editing of domain features, with focus on useful capabilities for heavy domainers.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ive used TDNAM since it was launched - no issues once! Purchased 60+ .com's and never an issue.
I have also been using them since they lauched. Hundreds purchased and sold.

A couple of years ago, I reported on DNF how they were auctioning off a slew of .info and .org names that:

1. were not GD registered
2. were not expired.

This created a huge, huge, mess. It was weeks before they admitted to the mistake but blamed it on the info and org registries. Fact was, this was not the case.

I had a few thousand dollars tied up but knew of people who had tens of thousands tied up. All in all, I think there were 500 or more names purchased that, again, were not GD registered and not expired.

That was then, a few years ago.

A couple of months ago, I purchased an expired .com, a very choice keyword typo of a popular aquatic sport. The domain sat in my TDNAM account for weeks after the name was supposedly to have transferred into my GoDaddy account. The domain was paid for. After many weeks went by beyond the "domain is yours date" I finally called this to the attention of my account rep.

It was only then was I told that the name had not expired and was no longer in GD accounts and, frankly, they did not know how or what had happened.

So, yes... once more I had to call to the attention of GD an issue of a name being paid and not having been transferred to my account only to tell me that the name was not in a GD account, not expired, and should not have been sold.

T

tekz999

You guys need to stop grave digging threads. It is not yet halloween.

Last edited by a moderator:

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Never had a problem apart from owners so called renewing and i buy upto 25 a week ranging from $10 to $1k...........

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds scary.. Anyone else confirm that TDNAM is selling domains from other registrars? Have you ever had them keep your money and you never got your domain?

I bought a domain name a few months ago and after about 6 weeks of waiting they told me it was "no longer available". I didn't realize it never actually expired.

They refunded my money of course, but I found the whole thing pretty odd that names like that found their way into the expired auction listings.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This has happened twice to me...but I have not considered it too big of an issue as I have bought hundreds of names there without issue.

Don't get me wrong...I was not happy about it when it happened, but they did notify me about the glitch and I did not have to seek out the info on my own. The isuue was that the names were actually at another registrar...and not godaddy.

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been fine with them till last year, that's when I last used them and talking about this, I think I should start using my TDNAM account again, what say? lol

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been fine with them till last year, that's when I last used them and talking about this, I think I should start using my TDNAM account again, what say? lol

Yeah we need more competition i have seen domains go from $10 upto $4k just because of 2 bidders,i love watching them and think to myself if it werent for just one of them the domain would be just $10..........LOL

Soofi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah we need more competition i have seen domains go from $10 upto $4k just because of 2 bidders,i love watching them and think to myself if it werent for just one of them the domain would be just $10..........LOL

lol competition is always good ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom