Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale template.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ha! Ha! What a joker!

$1.50:smilewinkgrin:

I don't own any .ca, maybe this is a good start for me.
$100

Vjizzle

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You have to be a Canadian Resident correct? $200 if not.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You have to be a Canadian Resident correct? $200 if not.

The owner of a .ca need not be a resident... a non-resident owner acting on behalf of a domestic corporation is sufficient.

If you're serious enough to invest about $500 to start a corporation, pay a couple thousand a year in accounting and maintenance fees, and deal with cross-border banking, domain ownership and mailing addresses, you as a non-resident can, for all intents and purposes, "own" a .ca domain name.

P.S. - don't consider this legal advice. Just speaking from my experience as a person who owns some .ca names under his Ontario corporation. I so happen to be a resident, but it's immaterial.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2k a year in maint. ?

Easier to just use google to find the addess of a recently deceased individual and use their address...

Im kidding :uhoh:

And can offer $175

Last edited:

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$2k a year in maint. ?

An accountant will charge no less than $1,000 for your year end... add monthly banking costs, the cost of a basic phone line and a PO box rental and you go deeper into the 4 figures very quickly.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see, never thought it out, usually just use the dead guys number lol

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can register a domain name and use my cousin contact information as registrant. This is acceptable right?

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can register a domain name and use my cousin contact information as registrant. This is acceptable right?

If your cousin is a Canadian resident or is authorized to act on behalf of a Canadian entity, then your cousin can register the domain name for themselves, or for their company. To my knowledge, doing so would make them the owner. You can direct them to act as you see fit, but as far as anybody is concerned, the domain name belongs to your cousin and not you.

Again, not legal advice... merely insight from experience.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The owner of a .ca need not be a resident... a non-resident owner acting on behalf of a domestic corporation is sufficient.

If you're serious enough to invest about $500 to start a corporation, pay a couple thousand a year in accounting and maintenance fees, and deal with cross-border banking, domain ownership and mailing addresses, you as a non-resident can, for all intents and purposes, "own" a .ca domain name.

P.S. - don't consider this legal advice. Just speaking from my experience as a person who owns some .ca names under his Ontario corporation. I so happen to be a resident, but it's immaterial.

Or you could use a resident agent for $100 / $50 per year.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your cousin is a Canadian resident or is authorized to act on behalf of a Canadian entity, then your cousin can register the domain name for themselves, or for their company. To my knowledge, doing so would make them the owner. You can direct them to act as you see fit, but as far as anybody is concerned, the domain name belongs to your cousin and not you.

Again, not legal advice... merely insight from experience.

That's what I thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom