Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Templates w/ Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I had GT Web make me up a bunch of templates with feeds. Some work perfectly and earn me more than parking. Others won't show related ads no matter how I adjust the keywords. As a test, I had netdevil make me one with a feed on another domain and the same problem exists. When the domain name is related to offshore medical schools, overseas medical schools, etc., that's what the ads need to be, not spyware, SUV's or whatever. I'm fairly convinced at this point it's not GT Web or netdevil but rather the nature of these designs. I deserve what I got for cutting corners. I'm not a professional writer, but believe I can come up with a few pages of related content for the domains I want to develop. Would this solve my problem? Who could turn this content into effective minisites for me at an affordable price? I'm not looking to spend $50 a piece. I PM'd a few folks here who sell cheap developed sites, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Frustrated and tired...

DomainFatigue

Domain Days 2024

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
make sure your title and meta tags have your keywords first in line, also title your text content with your keywords,if that fails then change the logo to the keywords also.

DomainFatigue

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks DNjet.

Know anyone developing affordable minisites if I move away from the feeds, get off my a** and start trying to write some content? Would 2-3 page sites with some original, albeit short, content do the trick?

gmac17

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
come up with a single, boring design. Header at the top and no left or right nav - only give them one logical place to click - (your ads). You can either make the ads so they look like navigation (ad links at top, skyscraper on the left) or you can just put a big ass ad on the page that is the only thing to click.

My sites are mostly 4-5 pages, with links to other pages in the header. Eventually i figure i'll get some search traffic which will hopefully generate more money than parking alone would (right now the pages make a little less than i was making with fabulous).

If you need content, post an ad on craigslist and offer $7 per 200 word article. Amazingly enough you'll get lets of takers...

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
change the names of the images on the site to relevant criteria.

Double check the terms and policies mind you, cant verify this is black hat or not. Maybe someone here can verify the rules on this method. I know it works, but i dont use ppc now and havent checked on much for a while.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is with Adsense's targeting.

The sites have relevant content and even utilize Adsense's optional method to specify which content you want emphasized for targeting. I think the problem is Adsense spiders the page once...and sometimes it doesn't optimize properly and then the spider doesn't come back again for a long while.

copper

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web is correct.

From my own experience...
Some highly specific category will get untargeted ads.
You may even get "donate" thing :)

However, you will get targeted ads eventually most of the time
unless there aren't much available ads for your keywords.

Plus some specific contents may speed things up.

If you want to go further...
You can add few more pages and make each link:
<a href="offshore-medical-schools.html" title="offshore medical schools">offshore medical schools</a>

These links will help you get more targeted ads :)

And you can put content with GT Web's feeds :)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just so you know Carl, every time I visted your Medical Schools domain to test it after I designed it (which I did about 5 times over a week) the top ads were about medical schools from around the world - this domain was actually being really well optimized.

I'm not sure how much geographic location affects the ads...because the ads I was seeing looked perfect.

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks DNjet.

Know anyone developing affordable minisites if I move away from the feeds, get off my a** and start trying to write some content? Would 2-3 page sites with some original, albeit short, content do the trick?

if your on hosting with cpanel/fantastico, its a nobrainer to knock up a quick site with mambo/joomla including rss and adsense, at about 10-15MB per install

No html/php required :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom