Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Terminated Google account !

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of people have had there google account terminated with lots of cash in them !

I was wondering why ? it sounds like a paypal type of scam ? or is normally for proper reasons ?

Any comments appreciated !

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it sounds like a paypal type of scam ? or is normally for proper reasons ?

ummm ok...

I had my account disabled, I got my check from the previous month (which was VERY awesome) but did not get the revenue for the 15 days of the month prior to when it happened.

I never clicked my own ads...ever or asked anyone to do it or something like that. My suspicion is that if they don't like the quality of your traffic or your conversion ratios they will say you committed click fraud and disable your account.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My suspicion is that if they don't like the quality of your traffic or your conversion ratios they will say you committed click fraud and disable your account.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the above ?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If they dont think clicks from your website(s) are performing well enough for their advertisers, they disable your account.

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My suspicion is that if you wear blue boxers while working on your site when there is a full moon they will terminate your account.

Hey, everybody chip in with their own ridiculous thoughts!

Geez... people get banned for cheating, how can't you understand that? Of course, no one ever admits it, they are always pure hard working webmasters getting kicked out by the big bad Google wolf

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
If they dont think clicks from your website(s) are performing well enough for their advertisers, they disable your account.

Well, GT...I surely think you are incorrect about this and google, I think you are remarking about FABULOUS actually as that is their standard practice according to MANY people here on DNF and other forums.

I had a few issues with google and after a few emails back and forth with my account rep and making sure all my sites fully comply with their rules they re-enabled my account without delay..it's usually that simple..unless you were clicking your own ads (which I am not saying you did), where they do not give you second or third chances..they have very sophisticated tracking, some people have to learn the hard way about click fraud it seems, it would strike me as odd if they did not have a very good reason to ban your account.

but did not get the revenue for the 15 days of the month prior to when it happened.

The reason for this is that they will not pay you for any fraudulent or questionable clicks in the current period

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thats what i thought fyman and mocus the only way of your account being terminated is through click fraud !

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
Thats what i thought fyman and mocus the only way of your account being terminated is through click fraud !

The confusion is usually with publishers not understanding the true meaning of click fraud/Invalid Clicks... (when they are suspended.) These suspension emails have been proven to mean just about anything under the sun. If you were suspended for Invalid Clicks that can mean just about anything, it does not necessarily mean you clicked on your own ad or any of the other common assumptions of the meaning. They could use a better choice of words and just say in a way that everyone will understand, i.e. "We have cancelled or suspended your account and we will not tell you why."

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly Blarian...

I had been making $x,xxx through Google for many months, never clicking my own ads or anything of that sort. The email the send out when they disable an account is always the same and always talks about "click fraud".

It would be nice if they explained the real reason why the disabled the account (maybe they didn't like a site you had ads on or something) instead of just blindly calling it "click fraud"

ERCollins

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think but not sure, that they have banned some accounts for getting alot of action from countries out side of there paying area. IE asia traffic.

Someone can actually help you get banned if they are mad at you, they will just go to your site and continuely click the same ad day after day 5-10 times, to throw up flags.

I try not to advertising sites I have on adsense or ypn just becuase i have had this happen before, but was able to work it out with google.

Good luck and hope you get your account back

BTW: i would suggest moving to YPN if you are in the US, since they have a phone number and you can get people on the phone to help you.

M90

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Break Adsense TOS = Non-compliance = Invalid Clicks

Sometimes the cause is not immediately obvious such as 'gambling related' information or link splurges saturating a site.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Make sure you read over their terms, it is pretty
clear what a site can and can't have on it.
No gambling links, and having useful content doesn't hurt,
as in not just having a page with google ads on it.
I think we will see less cancelling of accounts unless
there is obvious fraud, because the competition between
Google and Yahoo, and others entering the market like
MSN and Looksmart, will heat up. We will have more
choice of whose ads to serve.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with hugegrowth ;) we will have more choice more comptetion b/w the majors so publishers get paid higher :D Good times are coming.. come one Yahoo get out of the Beta and open up for all before MSN comes make more profit... we are waiting for you :D

.:: Peace :;..
Jeba

spiderden

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe when they all get rolling, they will have a who pays the most war and our pay will go up... I agree they will stop nuking accounts when the others get in the market, everybody hates Gates but they will try to give google a run for the money, I hate to say it but Yahoo should have opened them a google account first or something as I do not like ypn at all

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
when you say banned, who or what exactly is banned?
Is it the person who owned the website that got banned, or is it the website that got banned? If its the person, does this mean that he cannot register again and use adsense for another website of his?

DavidAusman

David Ausman
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just follow google guidelines and you are safe. Even if your site does not has a good conversion, you are surely wont get banned for it. The worst that could happen is that you are earning $0.03 per click.

I have even had clicks that are $0.00. Very high isn't it :cheeky: but dont get banned. Don't stray out of the TOS and you will definetely be safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom