Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Terminator4.com decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovicide

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In this morning's "Domain Decisions" mailing from wipo.int:
http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisions/html/2004/d2004-0065.html

In the text of the decision, under 4. Factual Background, it says:
...the Complainants made “a pretextual bid of $60,000,000” for the Domain Name. (Complaint, p.8.) A negotiation period followed, during which the Complainants and Respondent traded various offers and counteroffers.

1. What's a "pretextual bid"?

2. Is the sixty million dollar amount a typo? If not, why wouldn't the respondent accept the offer?

legal

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
before it was committed to writing or text, seems it was 60K since they mention 50K later

seems the mark had some old connections to another company and they only assumed the rigths via bankruptcy

only at wipo could a decision like this be made

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's what the respondent said:
"Finally, the Respondent contends that it does possess a legitimate interest in the Domain Name. Namely, the Respondent asserts that its principal, Mr. Andrew Dorrani, intended to start a business in credit repair. The Domain Name was to be used in association with this credit repair business. The Panel takes notice that the Domain Name currently resolves to a web page that includes the slogan “Terminate all your debts 4 life and 4 ever.”

That's got to be the lamest, most worthless claim of legitimate rights I've seen, and I've seen lots of bad ones.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's got to be the lamest, most worthless claim of legitimate rights I've seen, and I've seen lots of bad ones.

Naw.... musclenfitness.com was much lamer.

Thing is, the Complainant didn't own rights either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom