Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Test and know what is your PPC revenue share.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Would it be useful for domainer to know what share he gets from a particular PPC company? I think yes. Let's see how to determine it if that PPC service uses Google's feed.

1. Start an AdWords advertising campaign. Target it on a very rare English word, something like 'zymosimeter'. Bid $1/click on that word.
2. Go to one of your parked domains (of course, not from your PC). Search for that word and click on your ad.
3. See what Google and your PPC company left you from the $1.

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice tip! Did you test that already?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, do that and give them the chance to close your account for click fraud.

Of course when they rip us off 80% of the earnings it's called "strategic profit sharing".

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, do that and give them the chance to close your account for click fraud.

Of course when they rip us off 80% of the earnings it's called "strategic profit sharing".

You can always ask somebody to do you a favor. And, from the moral point of view, this is not a fraud since you spend your own money.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do have any stats on different companies and the percentages? would be great to know. actually i think domainers should try to make such things very public as a means to lobby against companies. if the whole domainer community would find out that a certain companies rips of 90% of profit while another one just 70%, this could trigger a lot of moving to the better companies and also foster competition.

flybuzz

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
percetage probably changes all the time.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No stats yet. By the way, please, suggest which PPC use Google's feed?

1. Sedo
2. Namedrive
3. ??

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think namedrive shares a bigger % with domainers, but im still just testing my domains, i'll be able to tell more exactly later

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
would be tough to do on google with a oddball keyword, because they adjust the ad positions by highest bidder starting at .05, if you bid $1.00 and there are no other bidders you are only going to pay .05 , you would actually have to use a common keyword where you know for sure there are tons of bidders , then your max bid will be close.

Avensen

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
would be tough to do on google with a oddball keyword, because they adjust the ad positions by highest bidder starting at .05, if you bid $1.00 and there are no other bidders you are only going to pay .05 , you would actually have to use a common keyword where you know for sure there are tons of bidders , then your max bid will be close.
I didn't know that Google drops it to $0.05 in that case, thanks for sharing.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most welcome, adwords works the same way as ebay proxy bidding, you pay .01 above the next highest bid up to you max you set, I guess the way to do it would be to bid on a common keyword $1.00 and then set the daily max at $1.00 so your account won't take more than 1 click for the day, and do your business right away and hope you click on it before someone else does.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
google minimum bid is .01 cents

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom