Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

that ain't right

Status
Not open for further replies.

paymaster7

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how is it that an exclusive member can invite someone who hasn't even paid a cent to join here... and then they get bumped up to exclusive status? I got invited to be an exclusive member, but since I had this account they wouldn't allow it.... which is really really screwed up and not very cool from my standpoint. And I imagine exclusive members aren't so keen on all the new exclusive members who (unless they bought the invite) may have not paid a cent... and they paid $350.
Am I the only one who thinks this ain't quite right?

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They can do what they like... just stay cool... platinum membership is nice too... :)

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The invitations expired September 13th, so it is a bit late to complain.
The logic behind it , appeared to be to increase the number of members.
Could you not have got a new platinum for free by having the invitation addressed to a different email address?

paymaster7

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not upset about it, legend, just didn't make any sense. And anyweb, I guess I could have gotten a new name with the exclusive but I think that would have required me to change my IP address - as when I accepted the invite (with a different email address) it told me I was already a member, so I assumed they were tracking my IP. I didn't want to break any rules, so I didn't change my IP. I dunno. Just struck me as odd - i would have liked to be able to use that exclusive invite. :)

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paymaster7 said:
I'm not upset about it, legend, just didn't make any sense. And anyweb, I guess I could have gotten a new name with the exclusive but I think that would have required me to change my IP address - as when I accepted the invite (with a different email address) it told me I was already a member, so I assumed they were tracking my IP. I didn't want to break any rules, so I didn't change my IP. I dunno. Just struck me as odd - i would have liked to be able to use that exclusive invite. :)

I got it clear now... it's a pity story! Maybe you can ask the admin about this? :worried:

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
paymaster7 said:
I would doubt it's IP, More likely cookie.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We've been through this in a number of different threads - that was the deal, invite a friend to join at the same level as you - an attempt to bring more buyers into the forum.
It's a free gift from Admin for every single member, with one condition, invite someone new - give it to a friend for free or sell it and make a profit, just bring in someone new!
And what do we do with free gifts?
Yes we throw them back in someone's face and complain about it.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think its a pretty stupid system, not letting current members get the free upgrades, but I must commend the DNF staff for setting up the free invites because it has put some extra cash into my pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom