Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

"That's Cool"

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
It's been almost four years since I hesitantly clicked on the domain; PingPong.gives. I say hesitantly because I'd never seen anything like this (the extension that is), but if you have the guts and aren't afraid to click on it yourself you'll see why I titled this thread; "That's Cool"

So what's my point....first, i've since gotten to know the the people (now friends) behind this wonderful charity that raises about 100K a year that improves "Brain Health" for things like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

I've said before I really don't care what other domainers think about domains, especially the new gTLD's like .gives, .online or .xyz for example. I care more about what potential "end users" think. Example, a friend of mine just purchased a B&M franchise business called Purely CBD out of I believe Arlington Texas. As it turns out they use the domain PurelyCBD.net for their company. Then when I asked if she sold any of her product "online" she said yes, about 30% of her sales are "online". Then when I asked her if she had ever heard of the domain extension dot.online she hadn't. Then when I told her the domain name PurelyCBD.online was a new extension that she could buy from Go Daddy for a buck she looked at me like I was crazy. When I was able to explain further, her comment "That's Cool"

Hence, i bought the domain PurelyCBD.online to give to her and corporate if they will use it. If not, with so many CBD products sole "online" I feel I can sell it to someone else in the CBD business.

Finally i'll say that in order to sell anything you must be passionate about it and believe in it. Bottomline, if king .com isn't available, I can sell them an alternative, "That's Cool"

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A day or two ago, I added to Elliot Silver's blog post about Google acquiring Navigator.com.

If you check the comments section, he didn't even check Play.Space for his reporting. I don't mean to rag on him for not as I didn't even want to unless I was incognito and in a virtual machine.

That only shows the "that's cool" factor could've delayed a deal by not being discovered quicker and may have even cost them millions lost in the deal as it could've been harder to acquire customers—a big portion of the sale I'll bet—using the ngTLD.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's been almost four years since I hesitantly clicked on the domain; PingPong.gives. I say hesitantly because I'd never seen anything like this (the extension that is), but if you have the guts and aren't afraid to click on it yourself you'll see why I titled this thread; "That's Cool"

So what's my point....first, i've since gotten to know the the people (now friends) behind this wonderful charity that raises about 100K a year that improves "Brain Health" for things like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's.

I've said before I really don't care what other domainers think about domains, especially the new gTLD's like .gives, .online or .xyz for example. I care more about what potential "end users" think. Example, a friend of mine just purchased a B&M franchise business called Purely CBD out of I believe Arlington Texas. As it turns out they use the domain PurelyCBD.net for their company. Then when I asked if she sold any of her product "online" she said yes, about 30% of her sales are "online". Then when I asked her if she had ever heard of the domain extension dot.online she hadn't. Then when I told her the domain name PurelyCBD.online was a new extension that she could buy from Go Daddy for a buck she looked at me like I was crazy. When I was able to explain further, her comment "That's Cool"

Hence, i bought the domain PurelyCBD.online to give to her and corporate if they will use it. If not, with so many CBD products sole "online" I feel I can sell it to someone else in the CBD business.

Finally i'll say that in order to sell anything you must be passionate about it and believe in it. Bottomline, if king .com isn't available, I can sell them an alternative, "That's Cool"
I didn't know .gives is an extension.

Honestly I won't remember.

That's saying a lot.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's saying a lot.
Pretty much.

Two examples of .space and me not wanting to visit it unless incognito and in a VM to you just forgetting ".gives" exists to maybe typing ".give" instead.

Common denominator: .com > ngTLD

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Pretty much.

Two examples of .space and me not wanting to visit it unless incognito and in a VM to you just forgetting ".gives" exists to maybe typing ".give" instead.

Common denominator: .com > ngTLD

I can remember;

.com
.net
.org
.common ccTLDs

Outside that, nahhh.

This is why new Gs have such an uphill battle.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.com
.net
.org
And you can easily identify what the uses would be for as well while I would be led to believe .gives is donation/charity, but confuse it with a .org and the trust value would implicitly go down if they are collecting money.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
My point in saying "That's Cool" was/is I hadn't a clue about any of the "new extensions" at the time. Sure I knew about the likes of .org, .net, etc. but it opened my eyes to alternative extensions that actually work just as well as .com. Sure there's an uphill battle, but one I'm willing to take on for any number of reasons. When you learn how much the domain SeniorDeals.com is, only then will you understand why I own SeniorDeals.online and thousands more like it.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
only then will you understand why I own SeniorDeals.online and thousands more like it.
With how large your portfolio is, I'd be interested in knowing what your current churn and average sales prices have been?

It doesn't seem sustainable to me without more of your own capital, but I hope that's not the case.

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Not to be snarky, but zero churn to date.You really don't understand do you?

Bulloney

Bulloney and Biscuit
Reaction score
Rob Monster told me two months ago, "I think a promo deal with .ONLINE is worth pursuing". While I was already pursuing .online as an alternative to .com, I started a survey where I'd ask anyone from students, to business owners to friends and retirees whether or not they knew that .Online is a new extension to replace .com when .com simply isn't available.

Guess how many of these potential "end users" knew this?.......ZERO:rolleyes: In case you think I'm lying, you may want to check out Truth.Online in a few months. My mission online aka MyMission.Online is to educate consumers about .Online. Thank you Rob Monster for the challenge✌️ Anyone care to join me simply reach out online.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom