Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The analysis confuses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toilofday

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my first name, and I want to spend about 150-300 dollars.

That is a lot of money to me right now, so I want to make sure I buy a profitable domain.

I begin looking through different auctions and statistics in order to asses what is a good purchase, but the sedo statistic I'm using seem to all be of the value 0. I know that can't be a good thing, but then I see one that has all 0's as well and is selling for 1200 bucks.

Another example was a site that had 9 yahoo links, nothing else, and the price was above 9000. A second site was priced at 500, and it had a big alexa rank. A third site was selling for 30,000 or so and had and even bigger alexa ranking than the previous.

How is that possible? Wouldn't one expect the statistics to reflect price in an auction?

What do I need to look at in determining the value of a domain and it's future profitability.

This may seem very basic to some of you guys and I have tried to do my research, but I'm missing something.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The first question that needs to be asked is that are those the asking prices or actual bids?

If they're actual bids - are they serious buyers or non-paying "bidders"?

I can put ghyedsweraecdgfrtdsftfr45794rhjgf.com up on Sedo and have an asking price of $100,000 - this in no way means I'll be able to sell it for $100,000. With the way the economy is, the domain market has a lot of sellers asking way too much for their domains and buyers willing to spend way to little for the domains.

What are your planes with the domain to "make money"? Flip it? Park it? Develop it?

toilofday

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was planning on parking whatever domains I would eventually purchase. I have ideas I would like to get domains to develop, but that's not what I want to start with. I kind of need it to work the other way. Domains to fund my ideas.

Some were in auction but closing so I could know the closing value, others were available for immediate purchase.

I couldn't seem to find any significant correlation between price and the information available. Most of the graphs were flat...:sigh2:

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was planning on parking whatever domains I would eventually purchase. I have ideas I would like to get domains to develop, but that's not what I want to start with. I kind of need it to work the other way. Domains to fund my ideas.

Some were in auction but closing so I could know the closing value, others were available for immediate purchase.

I couldn't seem to find any significant correlation between price and the information available. Most of the graphs were flat...:sigh2:

if........

you're looking to buy to domains that already produce revenue to fund other ideas, then check out our "Domains with Traffic" section here on the forum.

In this section, we require that all names listed receive a minimum of "30" visitors per day, and we require "proof" via links to or embedded screenshots of the traffic and/or revenue, if any.

This way you can learn how to evaluate traffic domains and what to look for, as well as maybe buy a few.

lmk if you got more questions.

you can also place a request in the "Domains Wanted" section, with your budget and the criteria of interest you seek.
there you can ask for screenshots of traffic and revenue, if you wish

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom