Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The Babe Ruth of Business Development: Ron Sheridan's Rise from Orphan to MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The new February Cover Story is out at DNJournal.com. At the end of January, one of the key figures in the domain industry boom that followed a turn of the century bust began a new chapter in his life. Ron Sheridan, the quintessential Business Development Director at DomainSponsor.com walked away from his full-time job at the company he helped build into a powerhouse in the PPC space.

Sheridan made a lot of friends along the way because he felt the best way to help build up his own company was to shepherd individual domainers and entrepreneurs who were striving to build something of their own.

Legendary domain investor Frank Schilling told us, "Ron’s fingerprints are on every facet of the modern domain industry. It’s also heartbreakingly beautiful how he’s made so much with the hand he was dealt. Ron never knew his biological family. I like to think this helps to explain why he adopts so many others." You can read the full story here: http://www.dnjournal.com/cover/2009/february.htm

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting read. One thing that caught my attention is that the domain mentioned at the end of the article, isn't even parked at DS.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Top-quality article, Ron. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You should be writing for Fortune magazine.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Top-quality article, Ron. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. You should be writing for Fortune magazine.

I would but I can't afford to take the pay cut. :)

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting read. One thing that caught my attention is that the domain mentioned at the end of the article, isn't even parked at DS.

I was surprised to notice that too :?: but was hesitant to first mention it.

Wondering if it was parked elsewhere (and reason why) even before Ron left DS? If that is correct it sure is not much of a vote of confidence in DS's performance.

What firm does that parking anyway, it looks like a high CTR potential page desgn and features.

Last edited:

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thx great story :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom