Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The best Dedicated Server for under $100 / month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a dedicated server, as well as a reliable company to get it from. I am not looking to spend more than $100 / month on the dedicated. Can anyone recommend a company / plan?

Thank you,
-Mike C.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Go to WebHostingTalk and peruse the dedicated servers section :D They always have special offers or you can put in a request.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am coming to the conclusion that I would have to spend atleast $160 / month on a good dedicated host.

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It depends on what kind of server you want. Do you want a linux server or a Windows server? Do you need extra bandwidth or a control panel?

You can get a minimum server at doory for around $70 a month if you buy the entire year or 10% more if you go monthly.

Or you could go virtual if you want to save some money at the expense of space and a little performance.

Private message me if you have any questions as I run several dedicated servers for all my websites as well as database servers.

Good luck!

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Managing the server is the pain as most company only offer unmanaged hosting for dedicated server. Unless you have the skills and the time to manage the server, your best option would be managed VPS.

I have went through a lot of dedicated servers in the past and it is not worth the time to deal with all the hacking and Dos attacks.

Good luck,

kershnerd

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am a control and a security freak so I don't like other people having access to my servers. Having a dedicated server was a huge learning curve but something I loved learning about. I guess it just depends on where you are in your life!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I didn't want to do the whole "learning curve" and pay someone to manage my servers. It is a nice chunk of change for all the servers, but being able to sleep at night is well worth the extra money.

As Acro mentioned, check WHT for specials. New specials are usually posted on Monday's, so unless you are in need of one, I would wait until Monday and shop around.

Depending on the type of site(s) you will be hosting and your needs, you could either go with a VPS or Dedicated server. If it is one site and you simply outgrew a shared/reseller hosting service, and the resource usage isn't that high, you may want to look at a managed VPS or a low end dedicated server, such as a Celeron. Some providers may even offer a custom solution to fit your needs. If you do not need as much bandwidth as they advertise, you may save $10-$20 off their advertised price.

BookMarc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i may be able to help point you in the right direction... if you'll let me know what you exactly require.
things such as
1) bandwidth you require
2) HDD size
3) cpu type
4) RAM

or you could tell me...
1) what type of stuff you want to host?
2) how many page views / month
3) does whatever you want to host have database intensive stuff?
4) do you want (a) managed, (b) semi-managed (c) unmanaged server?

i have two dedicated servers and have learned a few things - the hard way - about them over a period of time.

lemme know.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Speaking of VPS go to PowerVps.Com, I have used them and still do. When you've got more cash upgrade to Dedicated.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got s VPS from vpslink.com

Thank you everyone for your responses and I'd appreciate it if you stopped spamming my inbox with affiliate links...

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am not gonna bs you. The BEST dedicated server for under $100 is server4sale.com

I used them for over 6 years and the support and service is fantastic!

They are the best. Trust me. 6 years without a glitch isnt a mistake.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It sounded good with the recommendation but does not give me much confidence to order when they do not have a valid security certificate :rolleyes: when I go to the customize order page and my browser will not access the page giving a warning message.

https://billing.server4sale.com/order/?form_id=29

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

No members online now.

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom