Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The best place to sell domains?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Where have people found to be the best place to sell domains?

Either wholesale or retail...

Where did you make the fastest sale?

Where/How did you sell for the best price?

Thanks in advance to everyone for any and all information.

Any other hints or tips on selling that people would like to share will, I'm sure, be greatly appreciated by all DNForum members.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Live auction every saturday night is the best place to sell your domains, though you have to list your domains in advance.

Cheers,
tw

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
From the domain itself, or from some indication in the whois record secondly. Park your pages either on a service or yourself on a for sale page.

chatcher

Crazy Chuck
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best sale is a sale to someone who really wants to buy your domain name. There is no "place" you can go to find these people - you have to wait for them to find you. The best you can do is make it easy for them. Keep your whois information up to date so you're easy to reach. Put something on the web - even just a parking page - that indicates your domain name is for sale, and include a reliable method for the buyer to contact you.

Most other methods involve trying to convince people who aren't actively interested to buy, and unless you want to sell wholesale that doesn't work as well.

I look forward to the upcoming Secondary Market Program to revolutionize the way domain names are sold. Time will tell whether or not I'm right, but until then the best way is to try to own desirable names that buyers will seek.

Manic

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks tw, Mark, and arbitrage, for your very considered responses. They're much appreciated!

I will look into all of those areas.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you're welcome.

tw

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There are many resources that are handy in drumming up sales for your domain names. I personally feel there is not one definitive place to do this as of yet. Afternic was usefull but the buyers were not qualified and therefore there was too many fake bids and shilling. Great domains was big enough and they did attract some very high profile sales but it was not very usefull for the average Joe that owned a lower to mid quality domain name. This forums real-time auction is another example of innovative thinking when it comes to selling domain names. There are also many schemes that allow a user typing in a domain name to come upon a site that will offer them like domain names. We believe there is a better way.

I have been in conversation with different people that have a strong desire to develop a site that incorporates many of the strong points of these various domain name sales models. If you have skills in development, great names to sell or just input that will help us in the development of the ultimate domain reseller community and resource we would love to hear from you. There are no better people in the in the world to make this type of site happen so lets hear what kind of constructive input you can come up with!

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My point of view on this matter is to provide free access to buyers and provide selling portfolio for the sellers. These includes message board FREE services, banners exchanges, newsletters for domains investors and/or buyers, etc.

I'm currently working a project to make this happen. Let me know if you are interested.

tw

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All!

I'm not trying to take anything away from DNForum, but if you're looking for an additional place to advertise your domains for sale or perhaps buy a few, I have started a domain selling group here! or you can visit my website and sign-up.

Hope this helps!

Biggie.us

thinkaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom