Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The best registrar doesn't get its own subforum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just want to express my love for Namecheap and its interface. I've had only two problems with them in the past, and they were resolved within 30 minutes of me sending them an email. Awesome.

And they have such a great interface. Wow. I mean, honestly... it's SO easy to use. They don't have any of that dropdown menu crap that all the other registrars seem to love.

And they respect you. They realize you just want to register a domain name. They don't attempt to sell you a whole bunch of crap like GoDaddy.

And if you go to the main page of Namecheap.com, there is a very obvious login button - unlike other registrars that try to hide it from you.

:-D

Legend.name

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why do we need a NameCheap sub forum when we hardly need to ask for support?

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Legend.name said:
Why do we need a NameCheap sub forum when we hardly need to ask for support?
Haha, excellent point!

And before anybody says it.. yeah Enom > Namecheap - whatever.
Enom is nothing compared to Namecheap.

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameCheap is not a registrar. Perhaps in the future like Registerfly. Anyway i dont like Registerfly.

alaska56

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love Namecheap and I use it almost exclusively. No problems.

Except one.

The Parked Domain Statistics page hasn't worked in months.

Anyone now whats up? They said they were working on it about a month ago.

Still nothing...

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The best registrar right now is Moniker. Hands down.

NameCheap has come along way, but it still has huge problems. Old/ deleted domains still show up in the interface and the "syn domains" doesn't work reliably to clean it up.

What about security? I just don't know how secure it is..

Kyric

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, NameCheap is without a doubt the best and ive tried em all. Theres just no comparison between godaddy and namecheap. The latter wins hands down.

Have you see the new design and CP? Amazing....

Bart

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
easy pushes, superbe interface: you gotta love them !

Axioma

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I really like namecheap, but as stated, they're not a registrar, they're an enom reseller. I have about 20% of my domains with them, and so far I'm very satisfied.

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I like them to, like the interface and prices are ok. Also get free whois protection with each domain name (special offer) so handy for my adult domains.

I would like to see them emailing you after a domain has changed like godaddy do though.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why use enom reseller? Also pay more for domain registrations? I don`t get it.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameCheap = my registrar of choice..

i agree.. great service.. easy admin panel.. easy name push... easy paypal or acct. payment..
i love NameCheap

ChrisMacleod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever used any of namecheaps extra services such has pop mail boxes etc.

Any good?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get constant renewal notices from Namecheap for names I transferred out long ago, i dislike that alot.

-=DCG=-

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DaddyHalbucks said:
NameCheap has come along way, but it still has huge problems. Old/ deleted domains still show up in the interface and the "syn domains" doesn't work reliably to clean it up.

Soooooo annoying. Thank God I do not have any names there anymore.

Just like -=DCG=- stated above. You get emails unless you sync your account.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't see why you guys think Namecheap is so great. Any registrar who shows a domain still in your acct and active many mos (even yrs) after a transfer away is not good.

This happened to me yesterday. I go to my CP, see a notice that a name is expiring soon, go thru all the hassle and cost of replenishing my acct for $100 which only had a few dollars in it, then place the renewal order, next I get a notice saying I was not charged because the name is really not there.

I sent them $100 from my CC needlessly, which money will not be needed for a long time (if at all) when there are real renewals. Enom, Registerfly and Dotster all do the same BS. They sure are incompetant. How can you do business with places like that who can't even keep track of names which are long gone?

P.S. Just noticed DCG post. I wrote this before DCG said the same thing (slow in hitting the submit button).

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Umm i for one think namecheap is excellent as well. I currently split my domains between them, moniker and dynadot.

Their interface is probably the best i have ever seen in this industry as you can very easily catagorize domains and view/edit them by doing so. I also like their login security notification which lets you know any time someone logs into your account.

As for the problems others have stated maybe i don't see them. I have let a few domains with them drop and have had no problems with the interface updating or getting false emails. As well I have transfered many domains into namecheap from other registrars, from other namecheap accounts and out of namecheap and have never had a problem.

Yes they are a little more expensive then others but the peace of mind they bring me is well worth it.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree Ross, Jonathan and others, they are good overall and their CP is likely the best I have ever seen, and other features are excellent, so they do not suck as bad as indicated (but should fix the ongoing bug of carrying names they do not have).

However, I once reg'd a name there in error (typo error) and they refused to give a refund even though I notified them within 10 minutes. My understanding is registrars can even test the traffic on names free for 5 days so they could have given me a refund if they wished. I do not have much good stuff to say about GoDaddy lately but at least they gave me an instant refund when the same thing happend there at about the same time.

AXN

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it Namecheap.com or NameExpensive.com $8.88 is nothing cheap!
I don't get it - cheap is $6,49 etc....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom