Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The best spyware sofftware? Opinions Please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am tired of all the adware/spyware crap on my computer. Anybody have an opinion of what the best software to remove it is at the moment? Thanks.

Domain Days 2024

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
format you drive and reinstall windows from scratch. the good spyware cannot be deleted with any tool. then, when your PC is nice and fresh install firefox and down't download activex content.

good luck.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Adaware has made deals with several spyware companies so that their spyware does not get detected/removed. However, it is one of the better tools out there. The best approach still is to format.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup. Reinstall the OS like Luc suggests. Just happened to me too. I reintsalled with a thorough disk format.

T

tekz999

Zone alarm is the best. It has antivirus, antispyware, firewall all in one.

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the input. i am looking at adaware right now

LeeRyder

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Use AdAware with SpyBot SD and everything will be detected.

With the most maliscious forms of spyware/malware, you sometimes do have to go into the registries and fix things, but those are rare..and you will only need to do that if the spyware/malware is less than a month old because adaware and spybot generally will come out with a fix within that timeline.

Never reformate. If you need help, ask online. Many people (myself included) spend hours each week helping people getting this crap off their systems, verbally or textually walking them through problems like these.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spybot is good, but you'll need more than one spyware scanner. In some cases, one will detect something that the other doesnt. If you do eventually end up reinstalling, what I recommend is to get your system up to the point where you have all your apps installed and configured, then use something like Ghost to image your disk.

What I've found, is that no matter how much scanning and maintenance I do with my system, it'll eventually start bogging down over time, and the only thing to get it performing the way it should, is to nuke the system and start again...

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
RazorNF said:
Spybot is good, but you'll need more than one spyware scanner. In some cases, one will detect something that the other doesnt. If you do eventually end up reinstalling, what I recommend is to get your system up to the point where you have all your apps installed and configured, then use something like Ghost to image your disk.

What I've found, is that no matter how much scanning and maintenance I do with my system, it'll eventually start bogging down over time, and the only thing to get it performing the way it should, is to nuke the system and start again...

Exactly. Reformat. Get everything up and running then Ghost the drive onto a CD/DVD.

zehrila

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Every software related problem can be solved without formating your computer so i second mr LeeRyder.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
zehrila said:
Every software related problem can be solved without formating your computer so i second mr LeeRyder.
I can send you a program that will make very sure you have to reformat and reinstall the OS on your machine. Ever heard of a trashed FAT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom