Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

The best way to approach, with intention to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What is the best way to approach somebody..

a) who is not necessarily familiar with the domain aftermarket
b) who is familiar with the domain aftermarket

..about buying his domain? Share your suggestions and experiences. Thanks ;)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I try not to say my company name and appear on a personal level.

Seems to work best in terms of price for lower quality names (under $5k).

Five/six figure names is all game imo, whoever bids the most gets it.

Restecpa

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Heres my thought though, if you present yourself as if you were buying for your personal needs, then wouldn't they go like "Hm.. if this guy is willing to put out $5000, I wonder how much some company would" ? Just a thought to consider..

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Restecpa said:
Interesting. Heres my thought though, if you present yourself as if you were buying for your personal needs, then wouldn't they go like "Hm.. if this guy is willing to put out $5000, I wonder how much some company would" ? Just a thought to consider..

Depends on the type of domain. If it's a generic, your logic may be sound. However, if it is specialized, then the market is small, and most people will offload the domain (especially if it is undeveloped). I've taken this route on several occasions, and it has worked well for me. In addition, I can say that of the people who have contacted me to buy one of my domains, I always asked more / negotiated harder with the ones that were large corporations / companies, versus the ones that were perceived as individuals / small businesses. But that's just me.

Bottom line is, if they perceive you will use the domain for commercial purposes, they are more likely to play hardball. Personal sites are generally not profitable, and therefore they will will generally not ask for much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom