Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

The Big DNF $ Fraud !!Resolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have been in contact with 'DMN' who has been involved in the resent events here on the forum.

I have now had e-mail contact with him and we have come to an agreement that will hopefully suit all parties.

He has asked me that we can give him some time to get the money back that he owes us. He has had contact from Paypal.com to say that if the situation isnt resolved he will have his account frozen. In order to stop this he has to negotiate with the ourselves (The DNF $ buyers) until we are happy.

I have explained to him that I will be a central point in getting the money back to the people of the forum (sent directly back to the individual Paypal Accounts) but i have told him there will be certain deadlines set.

He has asked to have until the 13th March 2004 to get us the money back but i have said that Monday 8th March 2004 will be the deadline in this situation.

I have explained the seriousness of the situation and he is very sorry about any inconvienece he has cause and I take it from his e-mail message he is not an adult, which is why i have taken this stance. He is also very sorry for any action against this forum and would like to get things back to normal and for his paypal account not to be stopped or frozen.

I ask the members of this forum to make theirselves known to me (via PM or in this Post) and also to give me details of total amounts paid to him (i may ask for proof of transaction) so that i can arrange for the money to be given back. I also hope i will have the support of the admins of this forum in my action.

Thank you.

Prosperous

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
?
What's the fraud?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem is he may just be delaying you so he can empty the paypal account before its frozen.

Let them freeze his account as we cannot look out for his well being after he screwed so many here including me.

That's my thought... I find it hard to give a guy any break that stole from me.

-=DCG=-

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah. Toast him. Game over.

~ Nexus

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please do not represent the forum when you speak to this scammer. DNM is NOT welcome back! The DNF$ was not his only scam. If interested, you can look at his other scams before I banned him under another username.

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=47273

He shilled this name up to $1800, and lied about traffic:
http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=47572

I also received a PM from a member telling me he also got ripped off buying a domain that daum said had 300 daily uniques guaranteed, and it had 0, it was just a hand reg domain.

He then sneaked back with at least 5 usernames and pulled the dnf$ scam.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If he's not an adult, how about posting his real name and address or phone number so we can call his mommy and let her know what he's been up to. Betcha that gets his "computer privileges" revoked for a while. :)

Or come up with our own version of www.perverted-justice.com for forum fraudsters...

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if he does empty his paypal.com account he'll go overdrawn and if he isnt an adult then mummy and daddy will certainly hear about his dealings.

If he is an adult then i could see him go to court over the money or have a default issued which screws him up for recieving any sort of credit.

Anyway you can take what you like from it. I've never invited him back or been on his side i'm simply approaching this issue in a business like mannor.

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IMO, I don't feel any attempt should be made to convenience him. His PayPal account SHOULD BE SUSPENDED. People should let the chargebacks stand. That's what they're for. Fraud protection. If a minor, some attempt should be made to contact his parent/guardian, but it shouldn't be a mass of people.

Too many people think its ok to try to scam people on the Internet. No form of "make right" can be given in this type of atmosphere. Like DotComGod said, you don't know if you're sticking your hand further into the cookie jar. Maybe he has OTHER scams pending, and money he may or may not return is coming from someone else that isn't ON to him yet.

Cutting loses and reporting him however possible is the BEST idea.

~ Nexus

Latic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The card companies will more than likely not care. Its a less than $20 transaction. anyway do what ever you want.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if "fraud" is the right word.
he exploited the system.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Fraud:

A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
A piece of trickery; a trick.

One that defrauds; a cheat.
One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

Looks like guilty on all counts to me.

M

mole

beshopalula said:
Ah duh, I should have read some more threads first. :)

I won't be surprised if you only read the Sales threads, lula :-D

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr Webname said:

Fraud:

A deception deliberately practiced in order to secure unfair or unlawful gain.
A piece of trickery; a trick.

One that defrauds; a cheat.
One who assumes a false pose; an impostor.

Looks like guilty on all counts to me.

Did he say where he got the DNF?

he definitely took advantage of the system

not supporting him just saying i dont think its fraud.

he just took advantage of the system.

unless ofcourse he said something to lie about how he got the DNF and such.

that would make him a fraud too :)

- Jordan

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
Did he say where he got the DNF?

he definitely took advantage of the system

not supporting him just saying i dont think its fraud.

he just took advantage of the system.

unless ofcourse he said something to lie about how he got the DNF and such.

that would make him a fraud too :)

- Jordan

He obtained them by fraudulent means - he didn't take advantage of the system, he cheated the system. He then took advantage of other members here by selling them F$'s that had been fraudulently obtained.

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Either way, not someone we need here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom